Do you have tips for get rid of smelly feet?

My brother has a smelly feet, whenever he took off his shoes, I could smell the weird smell from his feet. I advise him to scrub his soles with soap everyday. It seems not the best idea of all. Do you have tips for this issue?
@mzz663 (2775)
after washing, thouroughly dry feet, use foot spray, foot powder and wear white (not colored socks) use at least two pairs of shoes and switch them every two days or so, give one pair time to dry out in between wearings.......good luck!
@mzz663 (2775)
Goldbond powder works pretty good
@thaMARKER (3094)
i have closed-shoes and i work in a fully air-conditioned area and sometimes my feet sweats and i don't like it because it might lead to smelly feet. so i used deodorant foot powder if i wear closed-shoes. i'm used to it since then.. you can check it out in a grocery store or pharmacy..
@rsa101 (14960)
• Quezon City, Philippines
There is some foot powder that he could apply on his feet before wearing his shoes. It might be cause by the sweat that is produced. Might as well buy some shoe deodorizer some are in spray form and soem in powder form. I think that will solve his problems but if it continues to persist maybe consult that since that is not normal anymore.
Put baby powder in all of his shoes, and let it sit at least overnight. If it is very bad then he can go to a foot doctor and they can perscribe a soap for him to wash his feet with.
hi clorissa...actually that's not a bad idea. i have a nephew who has unusually smelly feet. they stink up the whole room. he has to wash is feet a few times a day to be tolerable. now some people can find relief with foot powder but that would not help my nephew.
You can buy some shoe deodorizer at your local department store/supermarket. Dr. Scholl's sells some that works pretty good. Make sure he wears SOCKS with his shoes. If not, sweaty feet can mean sweaty, stinky shoes. You can actually buy special socks, too, that help deodorize your feet. Also, maybe he should just consider getting a new pair of shoes? His shoes might be on their last leg. Good luck!