Who are you, by the way?

@Theresaaiza (10484)
Australia
Mylotters: 1) It is easier to remember myLot friends by their avatars. AGREE or DISAGREE? 2) It would be better if myLot users won't keep changing their avatars. AGREE or DISAGREE? 3) It should be compulsory for myLot users to have an avatar. YES or NO? Happy answering!!!!
@sid556 (31005)
yes...I agree. I tend to go by the aviators. I'm not sure if that is a good thing. When we had that imposter running rampant here, I got drawn into it thinking I was responding to my friend Pyewacket.....the aviator was the same but the spelling of her name was off. Because of this incident I have grown to pay more attention to the name and number of posts. I keep my same aviator as someone would be hard pressed to copy it....it is my own photography. If they change their aviators then we will learn to pay closer attention to the name....maybe not a bad thing.
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Oh yes, some people could copy avatars easily. If they use exactly the same username, myLot can detect it. Thanks for the warning! :-D
@sid556 (31005)
this guy was using the same user name but with a slightly different spelling. i didn't even notice it as I glanced at the aviator. It seems to have stopped but i'm not sure. This was just recent.
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Could it be he was using a double account?
@jd107nette (1456)
hehehe... agree agree agree!!!!
@Theresaaiza (10484)
eENGHK!!! It's supposed to be AGREE, AGREE, and YES!
@ElicBxn (60895)
I do find the avatars help - at least at first, but if they want to keep changing their avatars, well, its a open and willing website and they should be able to do as they please. Now, I do think that people that chose to NOT have avatars are a little wierd, I got mine up in the first week, why do some people have thousands of posts and still have the default little green man?
@Theresaaiza (10484)
It also took me a while to figure out how to place an avatar when I was new here. The moment I knew, I hurriedly placed a picture. I like the way that avatars represent your identity here and it really does help to have one. But then again youre right it's totally up to us. Thanks for the response Elic. :-)
@bombshell (11266)
if we always to replied to our friends discussion you can recognize the avatar even he or she is changing avatar all the time specialy you are close to them no problems for me
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Yes, but let's face it, there are many mylotters who aren't really that frequent on our posts so we rely on avatars. For me, that is. :-)
@kirei24 (252)
Its depends. I remember some by their names and some by their avatars. But most likely i try to remember their nicks. Its better if you know them by thier names because some changes their picture most of the times. Not only that some members have same avatars. So its a little confusing. You will never know whose who if you do not know thier names.
@Theresaaiza (10484)
I think it's best to remember people by nicks but sometimes if the user isn't very frequen in our posts, it's had remembering that if we remembe them by nick. I think most of us have active visual memory.
Okay, lets see..... 1) yes agree! 2) agree again, and wish someone else was not using mine lol 3) hmmm compulsory? Naaa, like someone else said to many rules already!
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Thanks for agreeing shewolf! Although your username won't be so hard to remember! :-) Yeah, too many rules already!
@iamsolucky (1243)
I agree that i can easily remember mylotters members with their avatars, but i am ok if they change it to new one since they have the right to do so, i already changed mine for about 3 times and i still love the flower avatar now. I think it should be compulsary to have an avatar hehe, so it will look so cute and we can guess about each other's personality. Like for example, my avatar is flower, it means i am also close to nature. Happy mylotting and smile always!
@Theresaaiza (10484)
We had a lesson in psychology before wherein color preferences represent a person's personality too. Like your flower for instance, it's purple/violet, plus the hint of blue symbolizes the princessly/ or queenly aspect of your character. I am not sure if you're a girl so I am just assuming that the 'princessly/queenly' fits. (Forgive me if I sound like a stereotype!)Hehe
@cieldz (711)
1. no....i always remember my friends by their name... 2. no problem if they change their avatars cos i always changing my picture in facebook too...if they change their avatars, i can see a new picture from them and i hope too see the unique one... 3. yes i think mylot users should have an avatar so we can see an unique picture... good day...!
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Hi cieldz, like you, I can easily remember 'friends' in myLot thru names. But some people aren't that familiar to me yet and the best way to remember them sometimes is through their avatar. Avatar is really helpful. Those who keep changing theirs can confuse me at some point.
@laglen (19782)
1) yes 2) no, it keeps things challenging and makes you look at other people. 3) Heck no!
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Challenging, yes, that's right.:-)
@playapal (894)
Hi Theresaaiza, I always remember myloters by their names not avators. Yours is especially easy for me since my name is Teresa too. Spelled differently is all. I don't even notice when people change their avators unless it is really crazy. I think that our only rules should be quality posts, nothing to do with avators. Sorry to disagree, just an opinion. Have a great nite!
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Glad to know we got the same name! No problem about it! :-) You are right about one thing, the posts matter most. (love the rhyme )
hi.. good discussion. i agree with you. avatars really help you remember your mylot friends. i guess, it would be better but sometimes i want to change my avatar just like facebook and friendster, changing layout and primary pictures, lol. and i hope mylot user should really have an avatar too. honestly, i find it hard to change my avatar, i am still finding ways how to change it.lol
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Hi donna, me too, I also want to change my avatar especially that it has looked boring overtime. But for the sake of people who remember me by my avatar, I think I'd rather forget about the idea. anyway, if time will come that I'll really grow tired of it,then I will really have to be changing it, right?
@tholitz (1127)
Hi Theresaaiza! 1) For me it is much easier to remember them by their user name. 2) As I said, I rather look at their name than their avatar. So whether they change their avatar or not doesn't matter that much to me. 3) If avatar will be made compulsory, I guess it will be better if we will keep it personal and something that will represent or identify the user. In this way you could have an immediate idea about the character or anything about that person. Have a nice day!
@Theresaaiza (10484)
just to modify your number 3 a bit, yeah, it's a good idea that users could try putting a 'trademark' of some sort about themselves. I know someone who keeps changing his avatar but you'll still know him anywhere because he keeps a symbol present always in his avatar.
Hi I am Sophia, Mabuhay! 1) I agree that I easily remember my myLot friends through their avatars. 2) myLot users shouldn't change their avatars (except they have a plastic face surgery) 3) Yes
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Hi sophie, mabuhay to you too!:-) Thanks for the response! We're the same on that one.
@modstar (9612)
I recognize a myLotter better through his or her avatar. The image displayed kind of sends a message to my brain that without really knowing a myLotter's username, i would know if he or she comes up with quality discussions. Changing avatar frequently would just add confusion to those who are already familiar with the old avatar. I didn't change my avatar since i joined myLot and i think it has already built a reputation, whatever that is. It's up to the myLotters if they need to change their avatar or not. We have enough rules here in myLot and adding one more could complicate things.
@Theresaaiza (10484)
The only reputation I have heard so far is your being the myLot playboy! LOL
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey Theresaaiza! It is easier to spot a friend my their avatar! But, alot of my friends like to change their avatars each month for different times of the season or holidays! I can still usually spot them anyway! As long as you know your mylot friends user name you shouldn't have a problem! I wish that everyone would have a nice avatar because I hate that screaming green thing! I had it for awhile until one of my mylot friends found me my beautiful Opal avatar for my name, which is my birthstone! He is a special mylot friend of mine and I am so thankful to him for finding it for me and giving it to me! His name is mrghill! Do you know him?
@Theresaaiza (10484)
I agree. I could easily remember you opal because of your avatar. It looks wonderful, btw. I really have this difficulty because some usernames are hard to remember. So I picture them out in my mind instead. mrghill? Umm....no. He/She has probably dropped by in some of my posts but I can't recall him/her that much. If you could show me the avatar, I probably might!
1) Agree 2) Disagree 3) NO. We have enough rules and guidelines already we do not need more.
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Very brief, but very true!
@agrim94 (3811)
I fully agree with you about this that people shouldn't change their pics or avatars here because thats only thing which others can recognize. This is not a social site like face book or orkut that you indulge in personal mails or anything . so if i see a pic or profile i know who is the responder or who has started the discussion and i like to respond first to the ones who respond to my discussions before i respond to someone else who is not in my friends list.
@Theresaaiza (10484)
I have to agree because for me, the avatar is easier to remember than the usernames especially that some usernames are hard to pronounce. Except maybe if you have known some mylotters much better then whether or not they keep changing avatar, you'll remember them.
@myralmedo (815)
hi there :) 1)am on the co-myLotter's name 2)i haven't noticed it but i look for their names rather 3)it excites and intrigues us but i think not a compulsory one happy myLotting!;) Godabless!0=)
@Theresaaiza (10484)
I could remember very easily those who are frequent in my posts. I don't have much problems remembering both avatar and usernames. It does with members who come and go. I remember them better by their avatars so that when they keep changing theirs, I tend to forget our previous correspondence. I mistake them for somebody else. I guess you'll be having this same prob once you have more friends.