MAP testing

@lilybug (21182)
My son's school started doing the MAP testing yesterday. It goes the rest of this week and all of next week. They are testing 3 hours every morning. Anyone else have a child doing MAP testing?
@JenInTN (27565)
My girls will be starting these next month. They are an all day thing for about a week. They do them all day in my children's school. I think mine are a bit older though..that's probably why.
@lilybug (21182)
My son is in 3rd grade. They probably figure that they can't manage the tests all day.
@carolscash (9503)
What is map testing? I have never heard of it. I home school my kids so I don't know much about the public schools anymore. The kids here do ISTEP tests,but I don't know about Map testing. It sounds like it is a lot of work for the kids.
@lilybug (21182)
It stands for Measures of Academic Progress.
@ersmommy1 (12605)
They are doing the same testing at my daughters school. She is in kindergarten. So she won't be taking the tests yet. However her school is providing free breakfast for every student during the month the tests go on. I think that is neat!
@lilybug (21182)
My son is excited cause he gets extra recess and the provide a snack for all the kids every day.