Double Pits To Chesty! OH NO!

Has anyone seen this ridiculous body spray commercial? In parallel, has anyone seen the Mike Judge Film "Idiocracy"? Is idiocracy happening early or what? I understand that evolution is pretty much nipped in the bud since we don't have any natural predators, but really has the world gone so wrong that people are falling for such insanely unintelligent marketing. I'm worried. I'm thinking it's time to start promoting a different way of life. All this stuff of people being programmed early on to fit the status quo should be stopped. "buy this toy and other kids will play with you" " buy this bmw and other adults will be seen with you" It's the root of a serious dumbing down of society. I'm scared. I'm trying to think of solutions but all I can think of is controlled breeding such as people having to pass a basic intelligence test and go through a child rearing course before they are allowed to have babies. I just can't think of anything less cold. HELP HELP HELP! Smart people need to start having more babies than all of the stupid people and our scientists need to stop making cosmetics and start working on getting rid of money and building flying cars and making food free and plentiful. Sorry this is such a long rant. Like I said, I'm scared.
@iridium (436)
well i spent 12 years at university studying science but what i really want to be doing is making cosmetics! flying cars are far too dangerous!
do we really really really need more vanity based products, I think that viagra is dangerous. 12 years eh! What's your field? I'm working towards virology here in Bloomington. Genetics just wasn't enough for me. How about instead of a flying we just figure out better enzymatic batteries and photo cells and get this whole electric solar car thing rolling.
@iridium (436)
well i was a chemist but i coudn't get a job after uni so i'm just a normal person now. I don;t think any technology is dangerous on its own. its how its used. You can use Viagra to treat premature babies you know! why do you think its dangerous?
I find products such as viagra dangerous because of their intended use. It allows people that have been picked by nature not be prime breeding stock, to become available breeding stock. I didn't know that it could prevent premature babies. My partner has a fundamental belief (and I know that this is going to sound cold) that we should not be trying to stop physically deformed babies and babies that wouldn't have a chance to live without serious medical attention from dying. Her logic is that it detracts from natural selection, which is something we've already escaped because of our lack of natural predators. This has in turn effected our species evolution based on darwin's theory of survival of the fittest. Now the fittest are working on making sure that even the utterly unfit are able to survive and even reproduce. So what we are seeing is a population burst from the undereducated and lesser developed members of the species. It's obvious when you look at the number of children that " Joe the trailor park tenant" has compared to "Joe the doctor". While I feel that it is wrong to tell people they can't have children , I also feel that we should be doing more to educate people on what they are doing by having ten kids (especially when they know that they will have to be on a welfare system to do it). This is just my opinion, but in my observations I have noticed that most of these people that are having large numbers of children in these situations are trying to fill a gap in their lives due to feeling inadequate about their positions in life and their lack of success and education. Basically poor uneducated people don't feel good about the things they are lacking so the have kids to make up for it and feel like they've accomplished something. I know that this is cold and methodical but I also think it's logical observation. Just my 2 cents worth.
@iridium (436)
oops sorry. hit button too quickly. as for the breeding thing... well for me brave new world was a eutopia so i'm not worried about a parenting course. well as soon as someone works out what ideal parenting is!
awesome and honest response. props to you.
i don't blame you for being scared. as you know, i am one of those "childless by choice freaks" and to be completely honest, i think anyone who has a child at this point is being pretty reckless and irresponsible. (yes, i know you have a kid.......sorry, but this is my opinion). the world is so grossly over populated that it needs fewer people, not more. and once the population is brought down to a sustainable level, then we could let people start breeding again. and i am all for selective genetics. if a person hasn't attained a certain amount of education and a certain amount of use to society by say, age 30 or so, they should be steralized. this sounds as if i don't like kids, but i really do. th OP knows me and knows that i have devoted my career to helping children who have found themselves in abusive and neglectful situations. i hope i have managed to make a difference to at least one of them. however, if our population was better controlled, people were forced to take many hours of parenting classes before being allowed to add to the population,along with only letting people of a certain level breed. just my two cents.