Do you notice half off shelfs?

@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Have you noticed that some stores have half off shelves. Wal Mart is one of those places, red tags symbolize their savings, or clearance. I used to work at a Dollar General that had it's own shelf of cosmetics and etc that were pretty cheap. I think I bought a jar of body butter for under $1.00 there at one time. I know one time at wal*mart I got a thing of deodorant for 0.10 cent and that was pretty awesome itself! So do you go to stores looking for these shelves or are you lucky enough to find them without looking / getting a fellow customer to suggest it for you?
@cher913 (25891)
i always look at and especially for sale items. most of the stuff that i buy, whether it be food or clothes or shoes, i always look for sale items. i have got shoes for $3.00, clothes for $4.00 and food that is on the sale table for much less than normal. my kids bug me that my two favourite words are sale and free.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Lol I appreciate the response as it's reminded me of another food item I found for cheap at another place I worked. I worked for a grocery store and they would always have lunchables for cheaper in little sales bins, the store charged an arm and a leg for the meals otherwise, so these were a steal!
@busyB4 (875)
Our Big Lots does that sometime. I have not noticed it in Walmart, except after a holiday. I do look for the clearance racks. I have found a good many good buys there before.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I am not sure when Wal*Mart has their clearance to be honest, lol, I don't really pay any mind. Although I've noticed craft things for clearance before, and I don't think all of it was seasoned items. I appreciate the response! Happy Bargaining!
@JoyfulOne (6242)
Our Walmart has one clearance aisle year round, some of it's seasonal goods, and others just regular merchandise. They also have a second clearance area over by the crafts & sewing section. Usually that one is just on the ends of the aisles in that department, and it has clearance items from both crafting stuff as well as sewing notions. I make it a point to go to both different clearance aisles each time I go there.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I actually don't think I've looked at the clearnce aisles in my wal*mart. The Wal*Mart I was speaking of is the wal*mart I used to frequent when I lived in a different county!
@xParanoiax (6999)
I always look for the clearance rack, cart, box, shelf, etc. At our walmart, there's what's called "the mart down shelves"...it's all the stuff from the bakery that hasn't sold at full price. Sometimes the bread's a little stale, but it usually gives my family something extra we wouldn't have otherwise had. I've gotten candies for christmas stockings out of "clearance carts"...which're basically grocery carts filled with stuff that wasn't selling, that was slightly damaged, etc, but is still perfectly good, for many a holiday season.
Quite right. It can make quite awesome garlic bread, too, with melted cheese and butter put on it before it goes into the oven. It can be crumbled up for breadcrumbs used in a meatloaf, too. All handy things!
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
You can heat the bread in the microwave if it's freshly baked but has been sitting for awhile (in your cart while shopping, on the trip home / other trips before home). I don't know this to be true for stale bread, but it makes the bread taste just the same heated up as it was fresh.
@hellcowboy (7383)
Hey baby,I think that this is another good discussion and that I hope you have and continue to get good responses about this discussion,I know that we don't normally look for half off shelves but we do know where they are located abouts at least in our Wal Mart and that we like to save money especially the way the economy is going these days,and I know that some stores have half off shelves,and I know that Wal Mart is one of those places,and that red tags symbolize their savings or clearance and I am sure that some people have a different opinion when it comes to half off shelves some people probably like them and look for them whenever they can to save money,because they do anything they can to save money,and then I am sure that some people do not like half off shelves because they only by the expensive stuff and name brand stuff,instead of trying to save money by buying the generic brands or stuff that is either on sale or on clearance,I love you with all my heart and soul, have a great day,good luck with all your mylotting goals,and Happy Posting.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I know what you are saying, I love you and appreciate the response. Have a great time mylotting and responding to all of my discussions, lol.
@Theresam (1181)
I hit the clearance aisles everywhere in the supermarket can get some nice bread treat for good deal. Sometimes get some cereal because the box got crushed. It is a good part of me being frugal.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Sorry it took so long for me to respond to you. I like to get the reduced items because of wear and tear, and of course we try to decipher which would be better to buy out of the damaged, and if none look to particularly safe we don't buy it.
The first place I head for is the discount aisle. If there is a bargain to be had, I will find it! Why pay full price for an item when you can find it on clearance at half or less the original price!
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Exactly! Oh and some items are just the same as if they weren't on bargain! I appreciate the response.
@lilybug (21148)
The clearance section is one of my favorite parts of a store. Some stores have their own aisle and some have stuff here and there throughout the other stuff. Target usually has their stuff on the end cap of an aisle in Heath and Beauty and another in the food section. Sometimes you can find one by pets and household stuff too.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
It's funny how different stores arrange their clearance aisles, and sometimes it seems they try to hide the clearance stuff, lol! Well glad you've found clearance aisles! I appreciate the response, have a great day.
@laglen (19782)
Always! I got memory card for my digital cam for 4 bucks! Our Walgreens always has good stuff on their clearance racks. We found t-shirts and shorts for 50 cents each! I love clearance shelves!
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
It's always fun to find clearance racks that don't stretch the budget! Glad you were able to find a cheap memory card for your digital camera! Happy Bargain hunting to you! Happy Mylotting as well! Have a Happy Day.
@irishmist (3820)
I usually happen upon them, and if I see something I like I will buy it, and you can get some really good buys.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Yes you can get some really good buys but even half off shelves can be dangerous. Sometimes people buy things they don't need at the time and it can harm the budget, but overall it (most likely) will be used (the product) so I guess that's alright too. I appreciate the response.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I always head straight for the half-off shelves before going to check out stuff in the rest of the store. You never know, there might be a good unexpected bargain there. Last time I went to Walmart, I went to their clearance aisle. I found this thing for kids that packs snowballs for playing tossing games. It's original price was $9.00+, and I got it on sale for a buck. If I'd wait until next winter I probably wouldn't find it for a fun gift. I would pay $1.00 for it, but there's no way on earth I'd pay what the original price was (while it was really neat, it wasn't 10. worth of neat...it's only plastic lol) I find lots of great clothes, shoes in clearance. It's one of the best ways to save money.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
There are a lot of things out there that are overpriced and most of the time it's name brand. People pay for name brand when really all their doing is paying for the tag on the shirt, which by the way, probably didn't cost that much to manufacture. I guess that's not always the case, but I think for the most part it is. Not just shirts either. Well I appreciate the response.
I love to go through the clearance shelves. It is a great place to find cheap gifts too. Our local walmart has a clearance isle. There isnt always the best of stuff there but you can find great deals if you look for it. Last week I went to the paint shop and they had clearance paint for less then $7 a gallon. I painted my daughters room for less then $14. It covered the crayons nicely. I felt like it was a great deal.