Unfinished food should be charged, do you support that?

There is a sushi restaurant in North Atlanta, they charge every customer who has unfinished food on the table. Because they believe that food aren't come easily, and they cook them whole - heartedly. People shouldn't waste any of the thses food. Otherwise, they will charge you extra $5.00 for it. Do you support their acts?
@cripfemme (7718)
Part of me does and part of me doesn't. As Americans, we waste too much food everyday. There are hungry people in the world. I think this would just encourage people to take leftovers home and eat them later. Most people do this anyway, what's the big deal? If this is in fact a measure to encourage people to be more conscious of what they put in the trash, I'm all for it. However, if it's designed to gouge customers, I'm not okay with that.
@cripfemme (7718)
I just looked this up. I can't find the restaurant. Is this an old wives tale or have you really been there? If so, name the establishment. Thanks.
@vipinl (802)
Noway one can support that, they already got thee payment for what customer buys, so what they have to do with if he finishes or not. Many in that restaurant would be stuffing food forcefully sometimes to avoid the fine..lol, It would be affecting there sales too i guess.. as people would calculate before buying how much they can eat., and might be having fairly less customers..isnt?
Some of the restaurants in my country do charge people for wasting food.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
You already paid for it once, that should be enough. The restaurant earned the money they needed for the food, so why charge more because the person wasn't that hungry? Do they allow you to take your uneaten food home like most restaurants do? If not, then they should, that would cut down on the amount of food being wasted.
@UK_Shree (3604)
I wouldn't like to be charged if I was unable to finish a meal when I was eating out. Going out to eat is supposed to be a pleasurable and relaxing experience, not somewhere where you feel you are being watched to make sure you finish every last bite. I do agree that food doesn't come easily and anyone that is lucky enough to have regular meals every day should be grateful. But seeing as you are already paying for the cost of your food, then I do not feel that paying extra can be justified, unless the proceeds from this wasted food were to be donated to charity
@TheCatLady (4695)
• Israel
That's ridiculous. If you don't finish your food, so what. You bought it and can eat it or make a art sculpture with it. It's not any of their business once they charge you for it. It's no longer theirs.
@suspenseful (40316)
Are they going to pay for the medical bills for treating those obese customers who ate up all the food? What happens here in Manitoba and in most provinces in Canada and the States in the U.S. is that if you cannot eat all of the food, you ask for a doggy bag or a people bag, and they will put the food in stryofoam containers or whatever. You can then eat the food later. The other thing, they can give the left overs to the homeless. Of course I do not support their actions. They sound like a rather selfish restaurant.
@HelloMickey (1663)
I think if I know they would charge before I ordered my food, I support their acts. Some of all-you-can-eat hot pot restaurants in my country charge the unfinished food, and I think it is quite good to avoid people wasting food. If you can't eat, then you shouldn't order that much. In my country, people can ask the restaurant for a take-away box, we can bring the food back home. They would only charge a little bit for the box. So that's fair. But the case of the sushi restaurant, I think they have told how serious they make the food, so it is also fair to charge people to waste their food, only if they told their customers before they ordered their food.