What do you put on your baked sweet potato?

I never knew I could make a baked potato in the microwave. Well I just made a sweet potato to eat. I am getting so tired of eating chicken and steak. What do you put on your snack such as this. I just added butter to mine. Which is going to kill me later. I am going to the super market later. I plan to buy some of your food topping ideas. Thanks
@fluffysue (1062)
I usually don't put anything on them when I make sweet potatoes, as I find they are good plain. But brown sugar is very good with sweet potatoes. I've never made them in the microwave, do they come out as good as baking?
they come out the same as if they were baked. I have a baked potato button on my microwave. Thanks you for sharing
@playapal (894)
There was a restaurant that I used to go to all the time that served up steak and baked sweet potatoes. They put butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in them. Talk about yummy. Before I used to eat theme with just a little bit of butter. That its very good too. Sweet potatoes are very good for you, lots of vitamins, if I left off the sugar and butter, I would be eating healthy.
I can see adding vanilla to your recipe. This sounds great as well. I am going to buy a few of these toppings. Thanks
I am not really fond of eating baked sweet potatoes. (But my mother does)WSo, what he usually enjoy is having it with butter and sugar, either brown or white sugar. It really doesn't matter as long as it meets your taste when it comes to sweetness. I understand that the butter may kill you because of the cholesterol content but there are butters in the market which is unsalted and cholesterol free, it may be of a little help. Sometimes my mother also use condensed milk as a substitute if she doesn't feel like using sugar. You may want to try both, whatever fits your taste.
the best thing ever for me to try would be the sugar. I am so glad to read your post. Thanks so much
@alharra (508)
Butter and brown sugar is excellent on a sweet potato
Oh how sweet this sounds to eat. Thanks a lot
@tdemex (3547)
Baked sweet potatoes are just what their called and are supposed to be sweet. The normal way I've had them for the last 50 years is with a sauce that's usually butter and brown sugar,and I'll put some maple syrup in there also. If I get the canned type I'll use the juice in the can and just add brown sugar. I've also had them with small marshmallows added!They will blow out your calorie count for the day! LOL! But with ham there's nothing better! Have fun and as the man says you only go around once! Mabe? tdemex
Well I can say I will be trying the syrup on my next potato. Thanks for the tip it sounds great.
mmmmmmmmmm, i love baked potatoes. butter tastes great on it and i also love sour cream and bacon on them too.
I will be buying some sour cream I like that on my chips.
I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes at all. But i can make a good baked potato. I can add some butter maybe some bacon and shredded cheese. Just sounds yummy to me. I usually only eat these things for Dinner and not for lunch. Hope you are enjoying your bakes sweet potato.
Oh I just enjoyed the mess out of that. I had not had one in many many years. I will try adding bacon. Not the shredded cheese it may take my taste buds away.
I love them with nothing on them or butter (you are going to die anyway), I also have put chopped pecans on them. Have fun with the different toppings.
Wow! Chopped pecans would be something I could do. Thanks for the topping.
@kissieme (777)
Hi, giftsandbagscom... I like baked sweet potato, my mom used to put sweet potatoes under the traditional clay oven with the charcoals above them. they taste great especially when they're newly baked. We like to them with nothing on them or with some sugar or with butter...hmmm. I haven't eaten one in a long time since I started working here in the city 5 years ago waaah
• Marion, Kansas
I think cream cheese and a little brown sugar or jam, and some cinnamon. Maybe cream cheese and apple butter. Cream cheese is supposed to be better for you than butter, and I love the texture.
i put some butter with it. if theres no butter.then ill use cheese. cheese is one of the delicous thing.you can add with potato. goodluck with your dish.hope youll find what you are looking for.thanks
@ANTIQUELADY (36494)
i like butter & brown sugar on mine. try it, it's great.
sweet potato - sweet potato is a kind of vegetable
Here in some restaurants they put the cheese on the top of the sweet potato and bake it. It tastes so well. In fact at first they will mash the sweet potato and then put it back to the sweet potato skin. After that, putting some cheese on it and bake it. It is not so difficult to make but it is very delicious. I love China
@GioBuffon (122)
When I eat sweet potatoes, I usually order them together with chicken. I like putting garlic butter on top of it or sour cream. They taste really good and I find they are even better than normal french fries. I never understood why they call them "sweet" potatoes though when they taste the same ?.