Customs and Respect

@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Yesterday I believe it was I saw a news report about Obama's First Lady and The Queen of England and their Intimacy. What was interesting is in the custom of the royal family it was said on the news report, that touching of any kind to the queen was not allowed. However the queen offered the affection first. This just goes to show that while their may be ordinances set they do not necessarily need to be followed. However, I'm not recommending any disrespect to officials or not. So did you also see this news report? Can you tell of other things done outside the norm to show respect? Is this the beginning of a new friendship with England?
@Margajoe (4721)
No I did not see it. But however, this Obama seems to good to be true. I don't understand how a man can get so good so fast. I hope I am wrong. It just does not make sense. I feel something is not right here. I have been wrong before, so I take it, I am wrong know too. Take care, have a nice day!
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I know that a lot of people are a little weary of Obama, some for religious reasons while some just because of his ethnic background. I'm not sure what to think of him but I surely do hope that he is not as bad as people make him out to be! I appreciate your response, have a great day.
@Margajoe (4721)
I hope he is not bad either. It would be great to get a good president there. Since the U.S.A has been having difficulties, we have been having them here in Europe too. I think it is better when we all have it good. As for his ethnic background. This is 2009, who thinks about that anymore? I think it is sad that some people still live in the past when it comes to ethnic's. Oh well, let's move on to a better future! Have a nice day!
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Yes different countries are affected by one another, so that when one suffers they all suffer. I hope that we can better our country (the USA) so that those in Europe and etc will see that we are doing all we can to be better. I think one thing that needs to be worked on is un necessities both governmentally and civilly. Well I hope you have a wonderful day! I appreciate the comment!
@Canellita (12059)
I did not see this news report but I am truly amazed at the level of informality exhibited by the queen. I guess she was particularly impressed with the Obama family and therefore made the gesture. I wouldn't expect to see it with every future visting dignitary though.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Oh I wouldn't think she'd make a trend of it. It sounds as if it was out of protocol as it is, and I'm sure it astonished many, now at the level that the news makes it seem, I doubt it. I guess though that people blow others gestures out of proportion. I'm from the US though, and I guess this is my opinion. I don't know about royal protocol after all.
@Canellita (12059)
There is a really funny movie from the 80s that I think was called Protocal with Goldie Hawn. There is a lot of formality involved in order not to offend when visiting foreign countries. There used to be more formality in this country, particularly with what was apporpriate in greeting people but a bunch of rebels took care of that and now people have less and less consideration for others and for personal boundaries. It is very unfortunate.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Seems like people just don't respect anymore, or have their own guidelines on what the word respect means. Well I appreciate the comment back! Happy earning!
@hellcowboy (7383)
This is a really good discussion baby and I am sure that different people have different views when it comes to customs and respects especially people from different countries,I am sure there are some people who think that touching royalty is bad and should be punished,and then I am sure there are some people who think touching royalty is okay as long as the royalty agrees to it or does something to cause it,and I can understand both sides,and I remember the article about how Obama's first lady and the Queen of England had touched and I remember about how they said that touching of the royal family is not allowed,and I also remember how the queen offered the affection first,and I agree that shows that you do not always have to follow ordinances,and I am not sure of anything else that was done out of the normal to show respect and who knows maybe this will mean a new friendship between the United States and England,which would be pretty good especially with all the terrorists out there,I love you with all my heart and soul,have a great day,good luck with all your mylotting goals,and Happy Posting.