Swimming 6 hours everyday good for health?

@Dasari100 (3803)
Anantapur, India
I think it is not good and my friend always want to swim whenever he want to swim and i suggested him not to swim more than 2 hours in a day but he is not listing my words so i want to know that six hours swimming is good for health.
There is another aspect to consider here? Where is it that your friend mostly swims? If he swims in public swimming pools, he should bear in mind all the chemicals used to keep the various bugs at bay. The problem is, these chemicals are not very good for the skin. It is true that swimming is a fairly good all round exercise. But it would be good to do other sorts of exercise such as yoga, which helps the flexibility in the body. This I believe swimming is not so good for. A beautiful swim I did once was when I was on safari in Africa, in the country of Malawi and had a chance to swim in the huge Malawi lake; from the shore to an island, at least a mile (1.6 kilometres). And then back again - that felt very healthy! All the best, Dasari
@Dasari100 (3803)
• Anantapur, India
Even i have been doing the yoga for five years and i always make him aware to learn and do certain good things so swimming public pool makes the skin damage so i really like your views friend.
I never really thought of it all this way with all the chemicals in the public pools . Days like this I wish I lived by the lake . And yes it is good to look out for your skin . It does burn and can get damage . Sounds lovely in Africa . and after most swims ya feel awesome !
@metschica25 (5407)
Hello, I am a swimmer , but when I swim it seems it is more for my pleasure . But if he is doing laps , and working out for 6 hrs then that might be a little bit too much . I know I am in my pool each day a couple hrs here and there off and on . I am sorry he wont listen and I am sure it is because he is feeling good , but if hes not and getting sick ya gotta keep talking to him , or have your doc , or someone try !
Metschica, not much I can add. But it is better to do things for enjoyment and in moderation rather than becoming "obsessive/ compulsive" about something - that is not healthy!
@ElicBxn (60895)
there is nothing wrong so long as he doesn't get so tired he drowns
@Dasari100 (3803)
• Anantapur, India
Nothing wrong so there is no problem at all so swimming daily is good for health but when i consult doctor he said it is not good for health when he swim more than four hours.
@ElicBxn (60895)
just as there are distance runners, and distance bike riders, there are distance swimmers, and they will swim for hours, I've honestly met some that spend 6-10 hours swimming - resting when they need to by floating on their backs - and they were very healthy
@Dasari100 (3803)
• Anantapur, India
It seems they are health but when you see another corner so they need to take rest at least one day but he has been doing daily so that is really worry thing.
@Wadon30 (211)
HAHAHA!!! Worried about swimming too much? this is funny! Friend..Swimming is the best thing anyone can do to keep very good fitness especially long distant swimming is awesome! If someone could swim for 6 hours everyday and he likes it..that is the best thing anyone could think of! Swimming everyday helps keep you young and energetic for long! In other words you could live longer by swimming! So do no bother him! If you don't like swimming, do something else with other friends! but I recommend swimming! IT IS THE BEST SPORT FOR HEALTH! Cheers mate!
@Dasari100 (3803)
• Anantapur, India
But here he is over interested on that one so he should not swim more than 6 hurs in a days so suggest any plans to make him swim at least 2 hours so i want to know from you.
@Wadon30 (211)
Find him a girlfriend..LOL! Hmmmm.... I do not think you should worry friend! Swimming is good and you don't need to set limits to it unless he does not even stop for meals..hehe.. If I was his friend I would tell him to keep swimming! :-)..
You are right on your way. But giving 6 hours only to swimming is itself very difficult for anybody. Oveall there is only 24 hours in a day.
@Dasari100 (3803)
• Anantapur, India
In a day there only 24 hours but spending 6 hours and sleeping 8 hours will go away so we need to enjoy the life and feel the happiness so that what we need to do in this life.
@justszack (333)
wots wrong?...i think is fine as long as he likes it and dats good for his health. besides, swimming is very fun and make the body keep it fresh and in the right shape.
@Dasari100 (3803)
• Anantapur, India
It is good for health but what i am saying is swimming six hours is not good for health something it is overdose of that swimming so i suggested him so then is it ok to swim?
@HelloMickey (1663)
It depends why he needs to swim that long, if he is an athlete, 6 hours is reasonable. But if he is just a normal person who want to keep healthy by doing exercises, I think he spends too much time on it. By the way, if he feels well swimming that long, it's no matter whether it is healthy or not, maybe he just swims slowly or he just enjoys so much in water.
@Dasari100 (3803)
• Anantapur, India
He is spending long time in swimming pool that is the problem so when ever we suggest some thing he doesn't listen our words so should we approach doctor.
@mimimeow (295)
6 hours is all right but not daily. Daily exercise more then 2 hours is considered not "healthy" already. No matter how fit he or she is, that's not a normal way of exercising. And does your friends swims continuously? It's quite dangerous to be soaked in water for more than two hours I've heard.
@Dasari100 (3803)
• Anantapur, India
I do know that because as a friend i need to tell him but he doesn't listen my words so how can we make him aware?
@CRSunrise (2964)
Swimming can be a great way to get your exercise. It would depend on the person, who's doing the swimming, if 6 hours was a good or bad thing. If they're just starting out, I suppose that 6 hours would be too much, and they should be doing it in moderationg. However, they should take it in strides.
@Dasari100 (3803)
• Anantapur, India
It is really too much to spend time in swimming see my friend always do certain things so i really worried about him so suggest some thing for him.
@kawalnarang (1095)
• Trinidad And Tobago
If u are doing it for Exercise,, 2 hours, on alternate days should be more than enough,,means not everyday
@Dasari100 (3803)
• Anantapur, India
But here the thing he is interested to swim every day for 6 hours so i consult doctor he suggested that it is not good for health.