What would you do?

@sedel1027 (17854)
I recently started a new job (mid-August). I am a temp that is going to be hired full time soon. This morning the owers daughter passed away. They aren't having a funeral and might have a memorial service. I didn't know the daughter and I am new to the company. The other girl who works in the office with me is going but she has known the family for over 5 years. If they hold a service, should I go?
No I would not go unless asked. It is something to personal i think. You could buy a tray of hand foods,lunch meat etc and leave in the lunch room. If others are doing the same. And even a hand made card for the family. I say hand made because hallmark's cards are printed for the thousands. There not ment for one persons eyes. Thought makes better gifts.
@sedel1027 (17854)
Thanks for the idea. I would not have though of a handmade card for such an occasion.
i do nothinggggggggggg!!
@sedel1027 (17854)
Why?
@mansha (6301)
Its only humanof you to go. whether you knew the person or not but you can wish her spirit well. Pray for her from heart. In my country people even bow and pray for starngers bodies who are being carried away to be buried or cremated.
@glgcpa (143)
Since you do not know any of them personnally, then I would think it's not the appropriate place for you to be. You could send a sympathy card, but I'd leave it at that.