Where do you like to meet with friends?

@bayernfan (1430)
Do you and your friends have a special meeting place? Perhaps you choose to meet up at a coffee shop, pub, gym, someone's house or other hangout? Maybe your friends are more dispersed or are located in different cities, so meeting in person is much more difficult. Do you meet up online in a chat room, online forum, or social networking site? Where do you meet up with your friends and why did you choose that place?
@ratyz5 (7829)
Sometimes, out of one's whim, we just go to a friend's place and meet all together there. Sometimes going to someone's house would be unfortunate as a friend wouldn't be at home, sleeping or simply busy. We don't have any special place that we would agree on meeting. But recently, we've been just seeing each other at each other's houses. Not that well scattered as most of my friend were my high school classmates. We live in the same town so walking distance is quite tolerable. (^_^ )
@bayernfan (1430)
Often gathering together at one friends house is the most convenient place for everyone and it helps out the pocketbooks of all those concerned. So you and your friends are spontaneous. Yeah, you can run into some difficulties when planning doesn't take place in advance and notification of the host hasn't been done. Do you and your friends typically rotate the meeting place or do stick to the same person's house? Maybe one house has the best equipment, most convenient location, the most comfortable spot, or doesn't have a problem accommodating a large crowd?
@ratyz5 (7829)
Actually, whenever we plan something, it eventually doesn't push through. What works well with us among friends is being random or spontaneous. One time, I just told them that we should go to a convention which was the following day and we all were able to go there. There were other conventions and public gatherings that concerned our interests that happened before but, whenever we planned for it, we suddenly just get into situations that one could not go, the other didn't get to set aside enough money and so on.. Upon meeting at a friends house, its location I guess as when its time to go, each one us has equal distance to cover to get back home. The place of that friend of ours doesn't accommodate large crowds or the equipment there is fancy or what not. We just hand out.
@bayernfan (1430)
That's quite funny. I think that the planning allows for enough time to think about an excuse. It must be more fun when it's spur of the moment for you and your friends. I understand. It's all about the hangin' out and spending quality time together. Cheers.
@fluffysue (1463)
Where we meet depends on who plans it. I have several friends I met from a "young professional" group, and they live all over the state. (Luckily, New Jersey is not that large of a state. ). We plan get-togethers via email, facebook, or sometimes text messages, rarely by phone since it is easier to plan things with groups via the other methods. If I plan the get-togethers, we usually meet for happy hour at either a place very close to me, or a Jose Tejas which is centrally located for many of my friends, though still a bit of a drive for some. Another friend likes to plan things at a place near her, or at her apartment. Sometimes we go bowling at one of the alleys that is centrally located to all who are going. Where we meet up all depends on what we want to do, and who's going.
@bayernfan (1430)
That was a very complex and thorough response. It makes a lot of sense for a group such as the one you belong to. Even the your state is relatively small, centralized locations are bound to be important. Do some of the planners like to do the same activities regularly while others always choose something new to do? It sounds like your group already has a favorite pub/bar, restaurant and bowling alley. Thanks for sharing.