Tolerance

@Trensue (5265)
Tolerance is not one of my strong points. It is something that I want to learn and share with my family. How did you learn tolerance? How do you teach tolerance?
@chaselee (240)
Correct me if I'm wrong but based from my experience tolerance cannot be learned because we are born that way. If we have low tolerance then we are stuck with it for the rest of our lives. But most people learned to do a work around to be able to handle tolerance. Like for some people who have low tolerance for pain there are pain relievers in the market. You just have to learn a way to be able to handle yours.
@Trensue (5265)
I feel differently - I think that anything can be learned given the right teacher and circumstances - so I will continue to seek it out,
tolerance? tolerance is kind of like having respect for other's differences and patience when someone is aggravating. I don't know how I learned it, I think I was just born this way,lol! i guess you would teach tolerance by recognizing that being different is what keeps life interesting and even though there are differences we are all human and underneath it all we are the same. being tolerant of an undisciplined child versus being tolerant of another culture are two different things. saying that you want to learn tolerance i wonder what you feel you are not tolerant about?
@Trensue (5265)
It is not like I pick out a whole group of people and declare them unfit. However, if you can't put the grocery cart back where it belongs~ I don't understand you. That would be fine, but I am very verbal and explain if you were able to push it the car full or groceries you can certainly push it empty to the designated area! If you park in a handicapped spot and are not in need of one, I call the police. I realize I am overboard and yet that is who I am
I don't think that you are all that terrible! people parking in handicapped spots when they aren't handicapped irks me also! how to be tolerant of ignorant people is hard!
I think everyone has things that they just can not tolerate. Sometimes you just have to walk away, count to ten and try again or just leave it alone. Driving yourself crazy is just harming yourself for no reason. Avoid the situations you can and make the most of those you can not. I beleive any one can learn anything and learning tolerance is one of those although it is hard. Then again there are some things that are just plain wrong and if you feel the need to correct or call someone who can as in the handicap spaces then by all means go for it. There are plenty of people who need those spaces and those who do not are just ignorant to the fact or simply do not care, they deserve that parking ticket or their car being impounded. Wrong is wrong but when it comes to let's say children who are still learning we all have to be tolerant of them. I have a four yr old granddaughter who thinks she is boss and all should be her way, we butt heads regular but with patience, tolerance and my strong will over hers she is changing little by little. As for teaching you tolerance, all I can say is pratice self discipline the two seem to go hand in hand.
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey Trensue! Tolerance is a very difficult thing to learn! I don't know how to explain how you go about learning it! It is something that you just have to concentrate on and it will eventually come to you if you teach yourself to try to do it! It has to kind of come from within and it is no easy task to do it! It takes alot of concentration and practice and learning to be humble! It isn't one of my strong points either! It is something that you usually have to work on all through your life! You just have to constantly talk to yourself and tell yourself to stay calm and keep yourself cool!
@pavan4568 (122)
Very good point, Tolerence is the ability i am trying to learn over years and i just feel i am better now compared to myself 2 years back and to have this ability, one should have will power to practice it and when ever you feel that your lost, just try to control your emotions as far as you can no matter what in any worse situaion you are in. I know its really hard some times, but worth trying it.