Someone else living the life you wanted for yourself

@wahmivy (778)
Hi, all. Is there somebody whom you feel is living the life that should have been yours? Love my life (although I'll feel better when I finally find that tree that bears MONEY, lol), but every time I watch Samantha Brown's shows (travel channel - luv her), I can't help but think that this person is living MY life while I'm stuck at home watching it. "Passport to Europe" specially reduces me to a lump of pure yearning, lol. Please take this discussion lightly. No lectures on being content with what you have. ;-p
@thyst07 (2091)
My older stepsister totally stole my life. I started out as a low-income college student and decided to major in sociology. I was proud of myself for being the first person in my family to go to college. Well, then I started talking to my dad again after several years of no contact, and come to find out I have an older stepsister who already has her college degree in sociology- and my dad does not consider me to be the first college student in our family. She started out really low-income too. Then she moved to Colorado, got a really good job, and now she's filthy stinking rich. I moved to Colorado to spend time with my dad, and have had a lot of trouble finding jobs, and I'm still dirt poor. My husband and I started talking about the possibility of me going to culinary school and then trying to find a way to open our own small restaurant or shop. Well, shortly after starting to talk about it, we found out that my stepsister already has plans well under way to open her own bakery. It seems like no matter what I decide to do with my life, she's already done it or beats me to it, and she has unlimited resources. It has a tendency to take away my desire to do any of these things, because I really don't want to be her shadow or copycat for the rest of my life.
@wahmivy (778)
OMG, that really sucks. I would probably be frothing at the mouth with rabid fury (and envy) if there were somebody like that in my life. I hope you won't let your situation with her stop you from doing the things you want to do and being successful at them. You owe it to yourself to be the best that you can be and be happy, maybe even at the risk of looking like a copycat. :)
@thyst07 (2091)
Thanks for the encouraging words.:-)
@Hanan_x3 (294)
Yes. If ii get what your talking about. I sometims watch movies and think 'yeah ii should be there'. It seems like they are living my life. Or maybe the life I should be living. And yes I am content with my life. But sometimes I cant help but think about it. :)