Obama Protects Illegal Wiretapping US Citizens

I heard that obama is actually gonna expand wiretapping and that you can't do anyting about it unless the government willingly discloses that they illegally wiretapped you. So unless the government "willingly" vuluteers your info, you can't do anything what have you hear and what do you think about it? thanks for all your responses in advance :)
@suzzy3 (8358)
My goodness no one would be interested in my chit chat anyway,more fool them if they are that bored they listen to me wittering on.I think if someone has given out the impression they are mixing with terrorists then all power to the wire tappers it it save me and mine being blown to smitherines then yes I agree with it.love suzzy3
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
"anyone willing to trade a little liberty for a little security, deserves neither liberty or security" " ~Ben Franklin
@suzzy3 (8358)
Let's see how you feel when someone you love or know is blown up ,not being funny but you might feel differently.I know we seem not to have much privacy any more but things have moved on a bit since Ben Franklins time.I really wish it could be different,I used to think like you till quite a few of my friends and family got stuck in the London bombings a few years ago,safety has to be the watch word,Take care respect your views love suzzy3.
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
First, allow me to humbly express my sympathy for youre loss. I understand that that event was essestialy your countries 9-11. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to maintain your original view in light of this. but lets set that aside for a moment, as difficult as I can only imagine it is, set that aside for a moment and ask yourself, would these things truly have prevented it? Is the fact that america hasn't been attacked since 9-11 a result of the liberty we have already traded of here?Or is it a matter of luck? The horrible event in london happened under already far more restrictions than we have here in the states. At what point do we say "ok, I understand we need to be safe, but is living in a near police state and in a sterilized society really worth it?" I live in the north east U.S., in the state of New Hampshire, our state motto reads as follows, "live free or die". It doesn't matter how many restrictions we put in place, or how many laws we pass, or how many freedoms we take away, things are going to happen and there is truly nothing we can do to stop it. What I fear is eventualy I will be more afraid of my own government than I am some radical with a bomb.
@dfollin (12747)
I have not heard anything about it,but then again I have been real busy since Saturday and have not heard a lot of the news.If you are not a terrorist or up to anything illegal then you shouldn't care.
well there is not alot of rights we can hang on to anyway. if you don't mind people listening in on your phone calls that's your buisness, but there are many who are trying to fight for your rights as a person, next why not bug your home as well, who cares right. If your not a terrorist you shouldn't care. how about tracking your every movement with your cares GPS device, if your not a terrorist who cares right? what about implanting microchips in us so that we all can be kept track of? who cares if your not a terrorist or a criminal you shouldn't have anything to hide right. Well I and many others do care, If you are a suspected terrorist than there is no problem getting a warrant to tap your phones and bug your house, so why should we put up with Illegal wiretapping of our own citizens? that's what were talking about here. answer me this question, what is freedom to you?
@dfollin (12747)
Oh no what I am trying to say is that because of these actions by terrorists then that is why it has come to this.Things have gotten crazy since 9/11.Communist want us walking scared.To get a drivers liscense,an ID,a passport,ride an airplane,go into a courthouse or visit a museum we have to jump thru hoops.There is not much that we can do about it,so if we are not terrorist then they will just soon back off.It could be worse like you said,implanting chips in us,GPS devices in our cars and so on.So,this is minor compared,right? Maybe when they see that this won't work they will not do these other things. I voted for Obama.He even said you will not agree with everything that I say or do but.....But,he is better then Bush.I do not agree with this,but on the most part I like Obama.It could be worse,we could have Bush or alike for 8 years.
there are families with the micro chip already implanted, they where to willing to volunteer for the privalege, to be good guinea pigs for uncle sam. as for Obama he said that he would start getting troops out of Iraq right away-lie. he said he was apposed to the NAFT or the North American Free Trade Agreement which is bad for Us workers-lie. He said he was against taking away more and more of our freedoms-lie. He said that all bills would have 5 days to be read by congress before they can be voted on so that congress has time to read them, but then he pushed through a bank bail out bill without giving anyone time to read it, after the bank bail out bill he pushed through the stimulus bill and we had to barrow back 700 plus billion of the money we gave with the bank bail out bill back from the banks at interest. He has Alan Greenspan as one of his advisors, and why not? The federal Reserve bank is his boss. I'm not saying that he is not a good man, But he is bought and paid for by the powers that be. Nothing will change and as far as him and bush, what has he done better than bush? He isn't going to get us out of Iraq, mark my words there will be bases there when re election comes around, not his fault higher powers got us in. He has gotten us trillions more in debt within a few months. name something good he has done thanks for your time, take care, Francisco
@loudcry (1045)
I have read many posts on mylot on similar topics. The U.S is reminding me of the famous novel by George Orwell, 1984. I hope thing dont come to that. This novel depicts how an all invasive tyranic government will work. The novel Anthem by Ayn Rand is also on lines. And then there is V for vendetta. I thinks the citizens of america should fight against these invasions of privacy.
@jonesy123 (3950)
It doesn't surprise me. This is one tool that can prove to be very valuable to anybody who is in power. Unfortunately, even harmless comments may come back to haunt you. This is something even law-abiding citizens should be worried about. A case of mistaken identity, some wrong accusation, and it's you who is under surveillance. We are getting closer to our every move, action, and word is being monitored. Eventually they'll even figure out how to listen to what we are thinking. I didn't like it, when it was done under Bush, sure don't like the extended version now. Land of the free... little by little not so free anymore.
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
I did a post on this myself yetserday. Cripe, didn't we just get rid of one Bush? Looks like he isn't going away anytime soon, just changed his name and skin color.