Ok I admit this isnt really frugal but a good deal...

@saundyl (9698)
I've been wanting a Wii for well since they came out about a year or two now. I hmmmed and hawwed about the price and decided no it was way too much to pay such and such for just the wii originally then this fall for 279 for just the wii and a remote. Yesterday I was wandering the downtown area waiting for my sister to come get me to go to supper and a movie. I went into the pawn shop and there was a Wii. Had it tested to see if it worked...then brought it home with a game, a remote and another controller for $150. I was so excited after because i went and got another game with a remote included - on sale for 35 dollars(so my sister can play with me) and found out that other odd looking controller was 30 dollars new and the game was 40 new. I was telling a friend of mine today I had gotten a Wii and he said he had just given his away to his cousin but he had these three games did i want them? He'd give them to me ...So i ended up now with a Wii, and 5 games, 2 remotes and a controller (yet to figure out what it does) For just under 200 dollars.
Great find! I haven't had that luck with finding deals on anything for a Wii. However it's a task to even find them on store shelves around here.
@saundyl (9698)
I've noticed that here too - was totally shocked to find mine in the pawnshop!
As long as it works and the price is right
@saundyl (9698)
I agree!
lol im all for it! i bought mine reburbished for 150 bucks at game stop
@saundyl (9698)
I'm always a bit leery of buying things refurbished. I dont know why it just seems like refurbished says to me had problems might have more. I think 150 is a great deal for a Wii
me too but i figure it at least has had everything fixed already and the store had a return policy if there was issues.. not to mention the stores were sold out of wiis around here lol
@saundyl (9698)
The stores here seem to have a hard time keeping them in...or getting them. I was surprised yesterday that i found mine in the pawnshop AND there was one with a remote and nunchuk and game in the bundle thing for 300 and some in the electronics store. Its good they have a return policy for you. I wouldnt have taken it if they had said nope no returns.
• Marion, Kansas
But it is frugal, to wait for the newness and fad to wear off, and to shop around and get really excellent buys on it. If you were eventually going to buy it, anyway, then getting it this way was frugal.
@saundyl (9698)
I hadnt thought of it that way. I did fully intend to buy it. It stayed on my i want list for over a year so i knew it wasnt just a whim.
@jesssp (2743)
That's an awesome deal, good for you! We bought our Wii with our Christmas money in January 2008 and did pay full price for it; and now we hardly play it! I do love the bowling though, it's tons of fun to play with friends. Another good one for a group is Mario Party. It's silly but everyone has so much fun and you can't stop laughing at each other. My favorite is Mario Kart with the steering wheel, if you can find some wheels for cheap (the game comes with one and you can pick up additional wheels for like $10) I highly recommend it. It just isn't the same without the wheel though!
@saundyl (9698)
Mario cart is the game my sister was asking if i can get already - shes 11 and shes DYING for me to take it over to mom and dad's (i told i'd look for it but her and one of my other sisters could always think of it for my birthday in august)
@daneg33 (1131)
Congratulations on your purchase!! The wii is just so much fun. The bowling is a total blast, and it's fun to play with friends over. We are actually have a bowling night and potluck party in a couple of weeks. Should be a hoot. You can sometimes pick up second hand games for cheap at stores like EB Games. Try Ebay too, I got Dance Dance Revolution with a mat for super cheap on there.
@saundyl (9698)
That is awesome. My game it came with was the Golden Compass. People keep saying the wii sports is so much fun I'll be keeping an eye out for that!
You saved a good pennie on your purchase. That would be frugal living in my book. I bought a ps2 with 9 games and two controllers with a dance pad for $80.00 bucks on ebay. The system here in town runs $90.00 bucks alone.
@saundyl (9698)
thats an awesome deal! I figured purchasing the wii really frugal because it was more of a want than a need...a luxury.
While it's nice to be frugal a lot of the time, there comes a time in every one's life (ok there comes a few times in everyone's life) when we just have to splurge, and buy whatever we want to buy, regardless of what it is. If one can get a deal on that coveted item that's great, but if not, go ahead and treat yourself now and then.
@saundyl (9698)
I'm bad for not wanting to buy things unless i have a coupon or its on sale or some other sort of really good deal.