Us ing Facebook as a background check.!?1

I just heard about a Yahoo sports report that the NFL teams are setting up fake female Facebook accounts hoping that the college football players wil add " her" as a friend so they can check what is on their FaceBook. I also heard that employers are doing the same thing, using Facebook as a background check. When I first I heard this , all I could think was this is great news for 35-55 year olds. They will get the jobs because mostly they don't have Facebook accounts. OOr if they do, there isn't anything on them that will imped them from getting the job. this is going to backfire. Most young adults may have stuff on their Facebook that may be a little disturbing to rmployers. So they won't get hired . so we will soon have a generation of educated people who can't find work in a typical office. I have visions of hard working parents saving for college and Johnny and Jane can't even get ib to college because of Facebook,And it is sad.And I see a NFl team refusing to draft a great player and the player goes to another team and is a star.What do you think of this practice?
@amoyube1980 (2233)
• Somalia
I guess the best solution for that is not to involve yourself in something that you will end up regretting for the rest of your life. This is much like the way it is real life.
The problem is that the young adults don't see a problem with it and the older adults do and are judging the m for it.It will backfire.There won't be as many young candidates for the jobs if they are dismissing everyone with a Facebook account.
• Somalia
maybe for a while. And then it's either the younger ones will be more careful next time or the older onse will compromise.
I have a feeling the older beter compromise or they will lose out on some good workers .
@winterose (39914)
well you will be surprised there are lots of people in the age bracket you mentioned facebook appeals to everyone of every age if you love facebook, I am on facebook and I am 54, I have hundreds of friends, they are all in their 50's and a few in their 30's and 40's. I don't use facebook other than to promote my work. Is there deception on facebook, of course but there is deception everywhere, it is not right, but that is the way it is.
@winterose (39914)
tour work? you lost me there, I don't know what you mean
@jaredlp (418)
she is meaning if u have stuff listed such as band tour info for live preformances and such
@jaredlp (418)
Myspace was originally thought to be a way amuture and begining artist, musician, and comedian could network and get themselves known on a broader market.
@Qaeyious (2362)
Hmpf - I never trusted FaceBook or MySpace so I leave well enough alone. I do have something with GeoCities from a while back, I'm surprised it is still active - not a lot of information on it though httm://www.geocities.com/qaeyious I last updated it from my "artistic" period ..
@Qaeyious (2362)
ah, schwiq -- http:///www.geocities.com/qaeyious
@jillhill (37383)
My daughter is a teacher in Arizona...she was told by the school district that anyone that had a facebook account would be checked up on as it's for public viewing and whatever they put on their facebook account could effect their jobs. I really don't think it's right....
It is going to backfire. The teens will not stop putting photos on facebook and if the businesses won't stop dismissing anyone with a facebpook account with photos, they won't have a yooung workforce.Or worse, the teens won't even try for thoser type of work.Either way , the business will fold,
that sounds like a form of entrapment to me. that's one big reason i never put my email on job applications when they ask for it. not only can they look you up on line with it,they can see if you're on line when "sick".they don't need my email.
I have an wmail just for work and others for other things. I gueess that clever Facebook users will have more than one account.
@Samanthavv (1383)
I don't have a facebook account. I don't know why. I have a myspace, but I hardly ever use it. I just don't really enjoy those social networking sites. It takes too much time, and no one ever messages me!
Consider yourself lucky, You are employable.
i think it's nuts!! Unless someone posts something extremely stupid, I see no cause for people to spy on us on facebook. Do potential employers not understand that like them, we do have a life outside of the office? I think we should turn the tables on them, and start spying on them on the internet, and see how they like it!!
If thr tables were turned , there would be so much dirty laundry out in tnhe open, no supervisor would still be married. Some may even go to jail.