How Many People Remember The Atari?

The original version, not the new ones. I am aging myself, but how I loved that game system. It was in the eighties, when they first came out, and my mom had to work her butt off to get one for us. We had to share it, but we did not care. We accumulated quite a few games over the years, and my favorite was Frostbite. I was undefeated. I can remember my uncle and I playing for hours, him always trying to beat me. Now I can not even figure out how to hold a playstation controller, that my son uses with his eyes closed. My husband and I bought one off of Ebay, a few years back, and we had a blast playing it. Then I sold it for a profit, and wish I had not. Oh well, so what about you do you remember the Atari?
Oh man! Loved the Atari!!! Frogger and Pit Fall have never been replaced!! One direction handle and one button!!! It was great for us slow folks!! Missile command and Pac man!! Hours and hours of fun! I can take you back further than that.... how about the original game... pong! It was too cool when it first came out!! And it took up the whole living room!!! (not really)
Us slow folks LOL I love that. That is why I can not play the playstation too many buttons to choose from
Lol! Yep!! Way too many buttons to accomplish the goal! It's so confusing... there's like three or four or even more buttons on each side and then still more on top... too many options throws me off!!
@dynomite (11)
i saw an atari at a car boot sale with lots of games. it won't play on my tv though.
Yeah it has to have a special part that is not easy to find, or cheap.
I remember it well. I got it for Christmas in 1979. The game "Combat" came with it. The first games I bought were Space Invaders, Missile Command, Air-Sea Battle, and the classic Pitfall. Those were good times.
Ooh Pitfall, I forgot all about that one.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I do, in fact, about a month ago, my son found ours in the basement and brought it up and they played the heck out of it. He had fun with it but really could not believe the difference in the games they play now.
It is a big difference. The graphics are so amazing now. I just wish they made a controller for the less abled lol.
@bubblyapple (2655)
I do remember that one. My cousins used to have one and there were days when we would go to their place and take turn playing. The one we were playing was the video game wherein there's a spaceship that needed to kill all the aliens that would come.
Space Invaders, another classic.
@carolscash (9500)
I never personally had an Atari game of my own, but I had a friend who had one and we played it alot. I remember I would ask to go to her house a lot just so we could play the games. I envied her so much but I knew we could not afford one of our own. I thought about buying one of my own of the new ones and I was excited to have my kids play it, but we never ended up buying one.
@mal6884 (37)
Remember heck I have 2 and over 200 games. Still fun to play some of the games don't work any more but its ok. Go pitfall
@uicbear (1903)
I know this discussion has been up for a while, but another discussion got me to thinking about this system and I searched to see if anyone had brought it up and lo and behold here this discussion was. I loved our Atari. My mom was as addicted to it as we were. Her game was Breakout. I had several favorites, including Pit Fall, River Raid, and my ultimate favorite was Kaboom! It's funny, when I think back to how we would save our allowance to buy a game, they were like $50. See, some things still cost the same as they did 20 years ago. I know they sell the games for computers and I think I saw a collection for play on the PSP. But, there's still nothing like playing them on that old original system.