Do You Recycle?

How many of you out there in MyLot land recycle? About the only thing I recycle at the moment is aluminmum. I think it's a good way to help the environment, of course. Not to mention that the money you get from it (however little) is nice :P. So, how many here recycle?
@timhinyy (1653)
we do here put all the plastics and cans out i think they get picked up once a week here not sure since I'm not the one that puts it out, but i do think that's the least we can do for our little part to help out. don't know how much it really helps but its nice to think you are making a difference even if its only a small difference at least you are trying to help out.
I recycle every time I make a handbag. I don't have to recycle in my building though. We have these garbage shoots that we use. So we just place the trash in our bags and toss it in the shoots.
@busyB4 (875)
Our trash company does not do recycling so I have not saved it as I would if they did! I used to save cans but now I dont want them around to attract bugs. I do recycle things I can use in the house though like plastic containers and make crafts with some throwaway items. I also use my plastci bags from the stores to line my room trashcans and then it is easy to empty them and such!
i'm a militant recycler. i pick through the trash to make sure no one has thrown recyclables in. i have different bins set up for cardboard, aluminium, steel cans, plastic, paper, newspaper, glass, and plastic bags. once a week i take it to the city recycling center. we don't have curb side recycling here. how i wish we did. but it won't stop me from recycling everything i can. shel
@Calais (10900)
I try to recyle as much as possible....Our council is not good at realise this from the bin that they provide, its just simply too small and I just end up throwing a lot in the rubbish.
@cher913 (25890)
well, sadly we dont get any cash from recycling and our powers that be have cut us down to ONE green garbage bag per week (with only 4 in our house, its not that bad) but we are definitely FORCED to recycle! i have done it for a long time, but doing way more of it now!
You can scrap to recycle and make a bit of money. You can recycle if the city you live in has that program going. Also you can recycle in and around your own home, reuse items, use less of things you don't need to, even water, you can collect rain water to water gardens. I have my washer drain to my back yard it helps keep green and nice in the summer.
@punlonnjack (1309)
my husband and i recycle about every two days.we go to different neighborhoods and find metal and aluminium.we scrap out freezers,dryers,washers car parts fences ect....we make a little bit of money to keep us going.