Do you still play game boards?

@larish (2195)
With the technology we have right now and the games it offers. I was just curious if anyone out there are still playing the gameboards. I used to play monopoly, game of the generals, pictionary, visionary when I was a kid. I am talking about the manual games, wherein there is the dice, use of pen and paper and boards. Is it still the "in" thing in this generation?
@coldmoon (1092)
• France
I used to play monopoly, but I stop now. I play some other board games such as Go, chess, or backgammon.
@harmonee (1236)
My husband and I play yatzee from time to time, and an occassional game of scabble when we go to the inlaws, but the favorite is dominoes by far. I have to confess, we got monopoly for the Wii so we play it on the TV instead of the board
@Porcospino (17807)
• Denmark
My ex-boyfriend loved to play chess and we sometimes played together. We also played monopoly every once in while and we always enjoyed that. My fiance and I haven't played many board games, but we once bought a special trivial pursuit game (a game about the 90's) We thought that the questions would be really easy and that it would be easy to remember the events from the 90's, but we were wrong. The game was much harder than we that expected and we were only able to answer a few of the questions but we still had a good time.
@KupoSin (680)
i play monopoly from time to time, though rarely most of the time its just computer games. no one that i know plays board games anymore. its just not convenient compared to a computer game in which everything is already set up for you