Religion and Spirituality

Many people would argue that every religion consists of some spirituality. However, that may not be true. A spiritual man like Jesus comes and speaks something. Those who record it may not be accurate about it. Soon, a religion is founded around the teachings and thus dogma, rite and ritual. The priesthood controls the masses and whatever priest says becomes the word. So much so, the spirituality is totally forgotten. Certain religions might not have erased spirituality totally. But the monotheistic religions have done that.
You bring up a question that has been debated for ages by theologians. Religion is simply (over simplified for this discussion, I realize) dogma and doctrine. Anyone can belong to a religion. However, not everyone is spiritual or even follows a spiritual path. I'm not sure I'd go so far to say that every religion has wiped out spirituality, but perhaps say that there are those who are spiritual who follow various religions or do not follow religions at all. To me, someone who is spiritual is someone who is in connection with the Divine and walks the walk, not just talks the talk. It is someone who is living what they talk to others about, not just reciting doctrine/dogma/precepts. Namaste-Anora
Thank you for the BR. I look forward to reading more of your threads as you continue mylotting. Be well. Namaste-Anora
@bird123 (10486)
We are all spiritual beings in our true nature. We will never lose spirituality. As far as religion goes, it does have a heavy dose of MAN in it. As we all know, everybody wants to rule the world. So take religion with a grain of salt. Besides, if you really look for God, why do you need religion or someone else to find Him? You will find God quicker without all that help!
@vardon (90)
so we should careful when we belive something.is it right?
@Adoniah (7515)
You are speaking of a type of religion that is very controling. The religion I follow allows us to discuss and disagree and read the Bible. We do not have it read to us. During services we ask and answer questions and argue and discuss topics. I have never seen anything like it before. It is wonderful. We also can choose music and psalms etc. and have completely changed the Fri evening service to conform to a family atmosphere for the little children. Spirituality has not been erased here. It has been reborn! Shalom~Adoniah
• Belgium
Well, it depends what you mean by spirituality. Could you please define what you feel it means?