Words on my screen

@Trensue (5262)
I was watching television last night. I hoping to unwind. Oddly the things that kept me from relaxing were the advertisements for other shows running in the corners and across the bottom. I am a bit ashamed that something so small bothered me so much, but it does. Do these kind of things bug anyone else or am I the only freak?
@Reesers (1387)
No, it bugs me too. I can understand that channels want to promote their other shows but I prefer it the old fashioned way - during commercials. Sometimes they get out of hand. There have been times before when I've been watching a show and a promo that takes up a good portion of the screen comes on for another show. I hate that, especially if it makes me miss something, like if someone is whispering and we need subtitles or just any part of the action. They're very distracting.