is it good thought to live full time job for online

hi friends i was just wondering on this thought i have seen so many discussion on this topic lots of people love to quite day time job but is it really a realistic thinking to live full time job for online work ?
@CatGods (4595)
I left my full time job to work online. But the major difference is that I made a transition meaning that I started working more hours online and less hours at job outside of the home. See I was independent contractor for different retail marketing merchandising companies and I accepted less and less assignments. I started to making money on the web 9 years ago and it took me 6 years to build my customer base. I made the transition almost 3 years ago.
its really a good thing i heard that someone is really making money full time can you confirm one thing are you using any specific skill to earn money or what would you suggest to a ordernary person who wants to start online work as full time job ? is there any specific steps which can take care in starting and how much time and money that person need to invest in order to earn full time living through net ?
@CatGods (4595)
yes I have a skill that I use. I am a tarot card reader. I also sell stuff online like Christmas ornaments, beanie babies, craft kits, I have some avon bottles to list. I go to yard sales, garage sales and second hand stores to fine stuff to re-sell. I also have a degree in art so I use that to make t-shirts and novelty gifts to sell online too. To make money online you must do many different things that you like. And my motto is if I can't do it for free then I won't do it. The 5 online stores that I have, I'm not paying for them because they are free. But I do have paypal fees when I sell some thing. I think you should concentrate on what you like to do and any where you can blog about it or set up a free website about it. It took me 9 years to get there I'm at. I kept working on selling and tarot card reading for 6 years before I could finally leave my off line job of which I did that 3 years ago. Most importantly you need to think outside of the box, meaning learn to be creative. Take what some one else is doing and give it a twist and make it your own. Or do some thing totally different from what other people are doing. Have fun doing whatever it is that you are doing.
@zandi458 (27952)
Why leave the security of a paying job for an unpredictable online job? At the worsening economic situation, you should think about it in dept whether online jobs are able to create a comfortable income in your life. Unless you are a computer savvy, then you can manipulate your talent in online jobs. I think it is unwise to move out of your present job and rely on online income. It is too risky.
ya i agree its too rishky but people still love to do it and as much as i know if you really wanna do something good in professional life then you have to take calculated risks and if risk is bigger then there is no need to say opporutnity and gain would be bigger as well. if you have special skills like programming or art work then its ok but what about a person who doest have any mastery on specific skill ...is it a good though for him as well to take this risk ?
@stephcjh (32327)
I left my full time job but it was because I got tired of working outside of the home. My husband works outside of the home for us and I now work online but do not make near as much as I used to but I love being home now.
@mimiang (3777)
yes, if you found a real opportunity and web site
• Chennai, India
Actually, I can say I did it. I was a full time employee of State Government in my country. Since my job ate my whole time, I could not concentrate on my family. So, I just left the job and tried to find a job nearby my house. I get jobs often and leave them again. This is what happens until now. Almost all the employers want us to work full time like a slave for peanuts. Now, I just concentrate on my online earnings only. Of course, I have Pension and one more offline business for my backup. My friend takes care of my offline business and I share my profit with him.
@vivianchen (2648)
I don't know about other people, for me, i will never quit my full time job for online work. The economic is coming down as the way it is. Many people are facing jobless situation, are't you stupid to quit your job now? But if you have some other things like you need to take care of your kids, your current job doesn't pay you good. You find out some good websites that really pays you, and you can live with the amount that you earn from internet, then i think it's good for you to quit your full time job and stay at home.
@sanuanu (11238)
No, It can't be cool to be dependent on full time job for online unless you are planning to start your won website. I have a plan to launch a website in next one or two years. So, then I will be giving total time on online. Now, I want to do a full time job and part time on internet!