I Found Claritin On SALE Tonight. YAY!!!

Claritin is the only thing hubby can take for his sinuses that doesn't knock him out. I like to take claritin sometimes, and tylenol sinus other times. If I stick with the same medication for too long, I become immune to it, so I like to mix it up a bit. We were down to a few tablets, and he was rationing them, because they're so expensive. As luck would have it, I went shopping for something else tonight, but saw Claritin on sale. 30 tablets usually cost us $25 CAD, but I got this box on sale for about $17 CAD. I am glad I got it. Anyone else dissatisfied with the price of over the counter meds?
yes yes.....i did. i bought a pair of sport shoes on sale 2days ago... the original price was 298rmb. and i got them 60% on that day.hehe i was so exciting...i save 60%
I love to find bargains of any kind. I like food bargains as well.
Oh my goodness yes i think that the price of claritin and zyrtec is way too high. Its spring here in Sacramento, California with all of the trees and flowers blooming so my allergies have been horrible but the price of claritin we go through a box every week or so and it just all adds up, they make the generic alternative but maybe its all in my head but i don't think it really works
here they're relatively cheap..i say relatively,because it's still at least 6 dollars.but when i lived in arizona,any kind of cold/allergy pill was extremely expensive.but mulberry season,you HAD to have them. that stuff is horrendous to allergies in great quantity.
@raydene (9874)
Hello Sweets I also take it so am always on the look out for it on sale. I have been finding it at a dollar store non name brand 5 for $1 which is $7 for a 30 day supply Can't beat that. It happens to be the same brand that my Rx used to give me for generic claritin. oxoxxoxoxo
Over the counter medicine can be a pain to the pocket especially those branded over the counter medicine. I too use claritin and it is far expensive than other antihistamine. I tried using loratadine and I find it effective as well just like claritin but it is expensive too. Though we can't avoid buying it to prevent our body from getting sick.
@winterose (39918)
wow those prices are absolutely crazy, I haven't looked for claritin here so I don't know what the prices are.
@albert2412 (1782)
Thar sure sounds like a lot of money for Claritin. I was just looking at it a little while ago in Walmart. It was much cheaper than that, although I wound up buying the Walmart brand of claritin because it was so much cheaper. My son like to use it and he is sick right now.
@lilybug (21148)
I have never used Claratin. I got a coupon in the mail for $5 off and there was a coupon in the paper today for $7 off. I buy Zyrtek for my daughter. It is about $10 a bottle. I think that is a little high, but it is cheap compared to the adult stuff. I get the generic on a lot of meds to make the cost more affordable.
@cher913 (25890)
it is tough for the people that have to take antihistamines all through the spring/summer and fall. this is the first year that my 'allergies' have been acting up with itchy eyes and a very stuffy nose. i am not sure what i will do, but i have to go see the asthma dr in a week or 2.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Great for allergies - and it doesn't make you sleepy either!!
I've been taking Claritin myself but it doesn't do me much good so I'm going to switch back to my old allergy medicine which chlor-trimeton but the Equate brand Chlor tabs which is much cheaper and it doesn't make you sleepy at all. This brand works like a charm for me.
@carpenter5 (6786)
The one that about kills me to have to purchase are the pain patches for my back. Unless I can get them on sale, or have a manufacturers coupon for them, the ones that I reall like are more than $3 each (US $$). Our nothing over a $1 shop has started carrying a patch by Absorbine JR. They're ok, but not as good as the ones I get at Rite Aid.
When I was sick this year the Dr. had me buy Claritin D, but I will not do that again. At least not with the decongestant. Even in the store brand it was a dollar a pill or close to it.I only took one or two, when my ear really hurt. The decongestant in it is pseudoephedrine and it really wired me and made my heart rate high, I also got hot flashes with it. I may try the plain loratadine sometime. I do not like the price of any meds. I have a client who had ear issues. The ear drops the Doc prescribed were 41 dollars and not covered by medical card. We did not buy them. She did not have that much money. I look for sales on everything I buy.