Cooking

@mommaj (22739)
I hate to cook and I am running out of ideas for easy meals. We live in Florida so it is pretty warm and we don't always like heavy meals. I am now down to making tuna salad with noodles,tuna,green peppers, onions, and mayo for lunch. I would really appreciate some suggestions here. We have been grilling hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks. I've even been frying pork chops. I would like some ideas for "cool" meals that might not necessarily need to be eaten warm to taste good. And cold pizza isn't my idea of something good to eat.
Reservations. Lol! I don't cook much in South FL. We are here to escape the cold Northeast winters.
@mommaj (22739)
I am a permanent resident of the sunshine state. I do however like your choice.
I'm all for making reservations
@mommaj (22739)
@Marilynda1225 That's a great way to deal with supper. Let someone else plan and cook it.
@inertia4 (27605)
Egg salad. Chicken salad. Greek salad, Cesar salad. Those are some ideas. Cold cuts maybe. Macaroni salad also. Cereal is good also. Peanut butter and jelly. And even though they are not cold, those fresh frozen vegetables in the steam bags. I sometimes make those for myself for lunch. Yes, I know this is an old post. LOL.
@mommaj (22739)
These are actually some good ideas. I eat a lot of the steamed vegetable as well. I usually put them in my skillet though. Sorry took so long to respond. My eyes were going cross and everything was blurry.
@inertia4 (27605)
@mommaj Don't worry about that. I am going to go through more of your old posts. I think it's fun doing that. Nice!!!
@mommaj (22739)
@inertia4 Enjoy yourself. I am sure I have a bunch of old stuff.
@Marcyaz (35693)
A chef's salad is always good on a warm day and you can put in it whatever you like.
@mommaj (22739)
That is the truth. Salads are a great meal year round, especially in Florida. HAHAHA Well actually there are plenty of cold days and I like to cook on those days.
@Marcyaz (35693)
@mommaj I love a good salad whether it is a Ceaser salad or just a side salad.
@mommaj (22739)
@Marcyaz I like plain veggies or in a stir fry. Salads are okay, but I have to be in the mood. LOL
We do a lot of grilling around this time of year as well since my husband loves to grill. The other night we grilled pork steaks they were really good! I use to enjoy cooking so much more before but here lately I dread cooking for the simple fact that I am tired of doing the dishes!
@mommaj (22739)
LOL. I totally don't blame you on that! I hate washing silverware. LOL
@mommaj Me too! During the day I try using plastic silverware as often as I can but my husband doesn't like them so at night we use the "regular" stuff.
@mommaj (22739)
@farbuoloxusy LOL. Plastic is fine for me. LOL Less dishes. HAHAHA
I love grilling chicken and then having it on a salad especially with Caesar dressing
@mommaj (22739)
That actually sounds really good. Yum