Death

@mommaj (22851)
When other families or people have tragedies in their lives that you hear about do you get sad or emotional for them? Like I have a best friend whose cousin (I don't know the cousin) has a baby with lukemia. I feel so bad for the cousin and even though we are having problems in our lives that really puts everything into perspective. I cried for the mother and child when I got off the phone. Does other people's lives affect you?
@inertia4 (27713)
I get upset sometimes about things like that. But like you said, we all have our own situations to deal with. No one wants a child to be born with a disease. But sometimes it happens. That's when people have to be strong and deal with the problems at hand. I know it's not easy, but we do learn how to over time.
@mommaj (22851)
Whenever things like this happens to others, I am so thankful for what I have. As time goes on I am learning how to deal with others problems.
@inertia4 (27713)
@mommaj It is not easy to deal with external issues or problems when we have our own. And yes, seeing the problems others have we do come to realize that our lives and issues could be worse than they are.
@mommaj (22851)
@vandana7 (66823)
It does...but when we can't do anything about it...it makes it even worse.
@mommaj (22851)
That's true too. Sometimes you want to help but can't. That is just life.
@meandmy3 (2228)
Always, it is hard not to get emotional about things like this, especially when you are a mom and have children of your own. I think we put ourselves in their shoes and imagine how we would feel if that were our child in that situation. My heart breaks for children who are suffering. I have a big heart.
@mommaj (22851)
I think that is exactly what happens with me. I put myself in their situation. I am thankful to have what I have though because hearing stories like this it could always be worse.
@meandmy3 (2228)
You are so right, it reminds us of what we have to be thankful for. Some days we take the small things for granted. Like that our child is driving us insane. At least they are healthy enough to drive us carazy