Ever come across some really old paperwork?

@ersmommy1 (12600)
I was going through some paper work that is headed for our shredder. And I came across some old check carbons. I mean old. They are from back when my hubby and I were dating. We have been married almost 8 years. That means they have moved at least twice with me. lol
There can be a surprising number of old and forgotten things which get packed up and move to a new location. I, however, also suspect that I've left boxes of stuff in old houses despite my best efforts. You see, I look around occasionally and I wonder where this thing or that thing went. (Perhaps my wife tosses them in the trash to lighten the load of moving.)
@kbourgerie (8774)
You ask about old paperwork and it reminds me of an incident quite some time ago. Probably about 18 years ago I bought a fishing pole for a man who is now my ex-husband. No big deal, you say. Until the receipt shows up all by itself in the middle of the dining room table 10 years later. By this time I was with someone else and had not been sorting through anything for it to have just come loose from something . But there it sat all by itself, smack dab in the middle of the table after all those years. Is that weird or what?
i been coming across a lot of old paper work even medical files that i thought where lost so i stoped looking for them and came across them i have to start to go through my old bills so they can get shredded because there is no need to keep them any longer its been 10 years or so , now its time for them to go.
@lilybug (21148)
LOL I have some old ones running around too. I need to just shred them or burn them. I am sure I have some other ancient papers running around I really don't need too.
My husband and I joke that we could tell the story of our relationship through reciepts from parts stores. And every now and then I will come across one that reminds me of what we were working on and the fun and sometimes not so much fun we had as a result of needing a particular part for one of our vehicles. I keep them all in a box but sometimes I will find one that has escaped it's place and get to think about it.
@cher913 (25891)
i have been helping my mom clean up the house and get rid of some stuff of my dads (my dad passed away in early feb) and he has stuff from like 20 years ago! its crazy to keep stuff that long. even the government only expects you to keep stuff for 7 years.