summer for nature

it's summer here, i am hoping to capture nature shots. but that thing is i don't have an idea how to do it. i think i have dozens of attempts to capture mother nature but it seems that nature doesn't work for me. do you have any idea where to start nature composition? or any sites that will help me improve my nature shots? please give a light to my way! thanks in advance guys...
What kind of nature are you thinking about? Landscape? Animals? Insects? Birds? My dad is the insect and bird man but I'm pretty good with landscapes and animals.
well i am trying all areas about nature... i love nature and was even thinking of joining a mountaineering club to help with my photography. but the thing is, as of now i am still using a point and shoot that really limits me i some areas when i try nature. you know if i am trying with wild life its a little challenging in my part of not having a zoom lens that can capture wonderful animal images. well i think animals are camera shy... they run away from me... lol! may be i will rethink about joining that mountaineering thing if i still don't have the camera. and that issue about landscape is that, i don't have a subject for it! i have no idea what will be my subject... most of the time if people talk about landscape they have cool, colorful (if not dramatic), tall mountains! we don't have mountains, i don't know if you can call them that... we live in an island so most of the mountains here are not really the mountains you have there (where you live)... they are bit shorter. they don't look dramatic to me... no clouds or fog near the peak. it's just they don't have a story. may be i need to go south or up north... well at the south they do have cool landscapes there. they have mountains and seas meeting i one area... they also have this cool rock formations... i think that you will tell me to go there. i wan't to try insects and birds... i haven't tried them. well i have a bird once but it was our one and only rooster. so not the thing that you have in mind. now after hearing all these non-sense... lol! can you help me out?
If you are truly interested in photography you can find great landscapes anywhere. I live in Wisconsin so we don't have the great mountains you're thinking of but we do have water - lots of it. Water is a great subject. I'll link you to one of my favorites. Sunrises and sunsets are great for landscapes too. Anything can become your subject if you really want it to. I've even taken pictures of seat belts, milk jugs, leaves - there are so many things you can do. http://www.ohshot.com/depot/164566.jpg - This is only a small example of the many things you can do.
Also - I know what you mean by not having the lens because I have a great camera but haven't bought the lens I want yet. There are a pair of eagles flying around by me that I want to get but can't without the lens so I know it can be frustrating. Just go for landscapes and other subjects until you can get a different camera. :) Does your camera have shutter speed controls because water can look really cool if you slow down the shutter speed.
@ratyz5 (7831)
Well, I am no pro when it comes to taking pictures but, you just have to take as many pictures as you can while not being too conscious about how good it would look. Just take a picture when you feel like its good to take a picture of what you are seeing.
man it just sound like me! thanks for the help though... but i was hoping to do more than just like that. it's just that i can't capture the true essence of mother nature you know... it's just like a plain picture that if you lost it you won't even notice that you do. it's worthless... if Simon C would see it he would say, "how horrific, too clumsy and forgettable". i'm just happy that there is no american idol for photographers (and i'm not a contestant). lol!
@ratyz5 (7831)
Well, it just seems that your the one who you need to satisfy first before anyone else. Have you not shared your photos online and heard any feedback from them? There are lots of sites like that and you can find a good amount of help from such communities. Perhaps when you hear opinions of others about your work, maybe then you can decide on how you would look at your own work as well as which aspect you should improve or enhance more..
i have been a member of deviantart for a while now! and there are good comments with my work... mostly people like trickiwoo visit my site... feel free to look around at roommyt.deviantart.com... but most of the shots there is about people, macro, silhouettes... i do have a sunrise that has water in it... i love framing my shots too... but you can snoop around if you like to see the things that i spend most of my time.
You can try shades. Being summer you can notice that the sun is very bright and once you get shades and sunlight together in a snap, it would look really good. With the oncoming on Summer in India, I'm running around with my camera wherever I go. You never know when you can get to have a snap. In fact I missed so many beautiful snaps on the days I didn't carry my camera along. bourne
bourne can you give me of a sample? its a bit abstract to me the whole shade thing... thanks by the way!
@kun2349 (23475)
Nature shots?? There are so many things whereby u are able to take.. Everything is part of nature, and it all depends on how good is your photography skills ^_^ If u are good, even a boring tree trunk can look really artistic in photos.. haha =D Take your time to explore around and also honing your skills at the same time.. As time goes by, u will be able to see the difference in the photos u have taken ^_^
thanks for the encouragement! i was hoping for a tip but then again i think that you too is not a pro so i appreciate the efforts friend... thanks for dropping by!
@trickiwoo (2703)
It depends a lot on the type of nature photography you want to do! Are you interested in close-ups of flowers? Or landscapes? Or wildlife? If you're looking to improve your work in all areas of nature photographer, I would recommend adding John De Bord to your watchlist over on deviantART.com. He's the gallery moderator for the Animals, Plants and Nature gallery. Here's a link to his page: http://kkart.deviantart.com/ He posts a lot of helpful interviews with professional nature photographers as well as all kinds of different articles and resources to help nature photographers. And if you have any specific questions regarding nature photography, he will be more than helpful to answer whatever he can!
thanks a lot L! as always you are my life saver... you did throw a lot of infos more me. and i thank you for sharing them to me!