Forwarding mails to help any the victims? Is it true?

@nzalheart (2352)
Well for many time, I have got the heart rendering mails in my inbox asking my to forward the mail sent to me. Such mail senders are always from my contacts. But I know they are not the one who create them. They also get them from someone and forward it. It always contained some heart rending pictures, that not to forward can make me guilty sometimes. They say like, for each mail we forwarded, they would get 10 cents or 11 cents and so on.... Do you know how much true is this? Or do you forward such mails...
@ShepherdSpy (8563)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
This sounds like a chain email of some sort..there have been many of these under different subjects,one of the famous hoax ones was allegedly sent by Bill Gates as a test of the MS email system that promised money to anyone who took part in forwarding the mail! look for such things on www.snopes.com ..at best,such things remind people who receive them of something that has happened,mostly tributes about disasters and relief efforts..at worst,they can be spam with a virus attachment! forwarding chain letters doesn't make money for causes..only donations make money!
@nzalheart (2352)
So this is not really going to help the victims...then let these emails go to hell. I won't give the damn care of it. And the worst yes, it could also be virus, thanks for the alert friend. I am confused as immediately I saw the snopes.com hehe, there are many categories....Thanks for the response friend..I won't forward any such mails...
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
that's the thing about chain mails..they just play on your sympathy,perhaps make you feel you want to help the situation somehow just by passing this thing on..If it inspires You to do something,like make a donation to a fund or charity for victims or do some voluntary work that's great!..but forwarding an email,no matter what the intention of the Author was,on its own doesn't do anything,unless maybe create a list of email addresses for spammers to use!
@Galena (9124)
I can't see any way in which these e-mails could generate money to be donated. as with anything like this, you really are best looking it up on Snopes.com before acting on it.
@owlwings (38425)
• Cambridge, England
These mails are designed to make you feel guilty or to somehow convince you to forward them. They are sent out (and eventually received after being forwarded with hundreds of addresses attached) by people who want to collect email addresses in order to send spam. There is no way that anyone can receive 10 cents for each time one of those mails is forwarded simply because nobody can possibly count when a mail is forwarded. The best thing to do with such mails is to delete them and NEVER send them on. If you really must forward them to all your friends, you should first delete all the addresses that the mail has already collected and then put all the addresses that you want to send it to in the Bcc: box ... NOT the To: field or the Cc: field. Then address it to yourself and only to yourself! That way, what each recipient sees is ONLY your address and theirs. The trouble is that many of those people will send it on without bothering to do this and somewhere down the line YOUR email address will end up on some spammer's list.
@nzalheart (2352)
ohhhh!!!!! I have never thought that way. From today I will alert my friends who send me too. Thank you very much owlwings....
@owlwings (38425)
• Cambridge, England
It's sad, I'm afraid, that we have to look at things like this with such suspicion. Unfortunately, one always should ask oneself these days 'What is the person trying to gain by doing this?' Of course, in the case of the friends who pass these things on to you, doubtless they are acting innocently (as most people do). I have, over the years, lost a few 'friends' by explaining what these emails are about and asking them to take my address off their list of recipients - but then they weren't real friends, anyway!
@nzalheart (2352)
Yes, I agree with you. I had the suspicion with such mails, that's why to make the confirmation regarding it, I posted here the discussion about this. And by this discussion, may be many other people who viewed this thread will also gain something surely from this... And about removing the name from the recipients, may be its because its easy to forward all the messages in the list at once than to select one by once whom to send and whom not to send. isn't it.... Thanks for responding back.... I learned a nice thing from you...Thanks again...Keep mylotting....