Scammers on Craigslist

@lilybug (21182)
I listed my old car on craigslist the other afternoon and I got a response today from someone who sounded interested, but then they wanted me to ship it to Singapore. Ok, big scam there. Why do people even bother with that crap? Have you ever had someone try to scam you on craigslist?
@katsmeow1213 (28715)
We've just listed my husband's computer. It's practically brand new, and we're not even asking for half of what we paid for it. But we don't have the space for it, and we have some pretty large bills that have just sprung on us all of a sudden. Well, the night I posted it, someone asked me if I'd trade it for a laptop..... um... isn't that rather stupid?
@lilybug (21182)
I had one email me last night asking me if I would lower the price a little bit. Um...she had not even SEEN the car.
I've seen things on Craigslist I've thought of buying, and asked the seller how low they'd go, or if I could pay X amount for it. It's not about the quality of the product, it's more or less this is how much I plan on paying, and so it doesn't hurt to ask if someone will lower their cost to meet that. Of course it depends on how low you're asking someone to go. If they were asking $1,000 I certainly wouldn't ask if they'd take $100.
@jedelac (201)
it's on open market and there was no monitoring of account that's why there are a lot of scammer there
@ersmommy1 (12605)
Never sold on craigslist yet. I have only purchased. Wow, Singapore! People must think there is a sucker around every corner. I guess there usually is, that is why they try it. Geez!
I've had far too many scammers contact me there, it's not unusual anymore. I just delete the messages I receive, and I laugh at some of them. One in particular, I tried to get the information from the "seller" of an apartment rental that didn't exist as I knew the address. I couldn't get any information from him so I couldn't nail him with fraud. I had another one who wanted to buy something from me, was willing to pay a lot for the item, but never actually did anything. It's funny sometimes with the schemes they come up with.
@Rtlsnk316 (1197)
• Mexico
Hi lilybug, Not really, I mean, whatever I've sold on craigslist it's not something worth of someone trying to scam me for. But I think this person who contacted you was just trying to see how "innocent" you were for that matter, like throwing a stone to see if it hits something.
my lot has deleted my posting here of how i was scammed in craislist, although i admit that i somehow given that person the chance to defraud me (since it is very clear from craigslist safety tips that any transaction should be done locally so that both parties can meet in person. here's the story.. i happened to browse from the baby stuff category a branded baby shoes. so i contacted the person.. he said that i can also pay him $6 inclusive of shipment cost thru paypal so that i can get the item without hassle. well, i agreed with him.. and up to know the package is nowhere. it's really difficult to trust a person today. theres a lot of scammers out there who likes to earn money the easy way!