vegetables beyond seed stage

I was needing to know if there is a good supplier for starter plants for vegetable garden? I dont mind planting from seed, but I would rather buy the plants already 4-6" tall and ready to be put into the garden. Sad to say, we live in a very small town and the nearest town is 40 miles from us, and you cant buy starters around here, so is there a place or is it possible to buy them online and have them delivered to me?
@peavey (16116)
If I were you, I'd look around at every store that could possibly carry them. Do you know anyone who raises their own who might share a plant or two? Most vegetables can't be shipped as plants because they're too tender at that age. It might be worth it to take a trip to get what you need.
@Ravenladyj (22940)
Most vegetables can't be shipped as plants because they're too tender at that age. Not really....there are several places online that ship plants...
@Ravenladyj (22940)
Well Walmart is a possiblity but I'm never too impressed with their plants....This year we're actually buying online from Michigan Bulb .....We've never bought from them before but I've talked to a few ppl who have and they all had nothing but good things to say about the place so we're gonna give it a try.. http://michiganbulb.com/
I buy mine right at Walmart. They have a nice variety, but you can get them at hardware stores, and local farmers markets too.