Collectibles

have you ever checked the value of your collectibles? I sat here for hours going over the value of my ty collection. I was also checking the value of my coin collection. Both I need to hold a few more years. How about you mylot friends?
@hsofyan (3452)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
Hi Giftsandbagscom, I have a guitar collection. But I do not check regularly.
i don't think i have a collector's item of value in my possesion. i don't quite call it a collection but i have several notes/bills in about a dozen or so different currencies and a few coins to go with it as well. aside from philippine peso (my local currency), i only had the occasional dollar notes in my possession and a few korean won given to me before. several years ago, when i started traveling to other asian countries, i would find myself with several foreign notes when i get back to the philippines. some i gave away to those who likes to add to their collection, some i keep as a souvenir. but i completely forgot about them until about last month after my hongkong/china trip. i may have about one million indonesian rupiah, but that's only about a little over US$100. my hongkong dollars is probably around US$300 at best. other currencies all together could fetch me about another US$100 or so. i have the option to have it exchanged for local currency but since i plan to go out again, singapore dollars, malaysian ringgit and other asian currencies can be useful still. it's the african currency and those from arab countries that i may plan to keep because i'm not sure i'll be travelling in those areas anytime soon, so having them is something of a rare occurence for me. then the US dollars... well not part of my collection but part of my savings... it goes to the bank.
I haven't checked values. I have thought about it. I don't really know where to look, except an internet search which seems kind of daunting. I have some Ty stuff too, as well as some Disney things.