Arbor Day

@Trensue (5234)
I am totally exhausted and very happy about Arbor Day - we planted 600 trees today and it was great. It was so much fun to see the variety of people who gather to get the work done. I have not felt this good about a project in a long time. I hope someone else got to plant a tree today and be happy. I am on the watering committee for the next year. That should be interesting.
@anuraa32 (2453)
Wonderful. Congrats on your planting 600 trees. That is the need of the day. It makes Mother Earth surely happy. Watering committee. Now that is surely something nice.
@Trensue (5234)
The watering part is interesting because we collect plastic milk jugs and use them until they can't be used and then we recycle them. It is like an extra stop on the way to the recycle bin.
@anuraa32 (2453)
Very interesting. I really feel green while I read this.
@TLChimes (4846)
The kids and I were out finding a place for our tree in our new houses yard. It'll go in tomorrow when the older son is home too. Great day for you!
@Trensue (5234)
I love Arbor Day, but it doesn't seem to be a very celebrated event. I am glad we did it - How exciting for you a new house!
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey Trensue! I think that is great that you got to plant all those trees for Arbor Day! Where did plant them all? I didn't hear too much about it here where I live, which was kind of unusual! They usually make a bigger deal about it! I am sad to say that because of the economy the way it is our city is in such bad shape that I hope that wasn't the reason for skimping on the festivites!
@anniefannie (1743)
I am glad you are enjoying Arbor Day No I didn't plantI have planted several trees in my yard and it won't take any more.