Have you started boiling water yet?

We all know that pipe water has fluoride for your teeth. And I love our pipe water here in my building. It is ice cold and taste so fresh. However for my company who drinks only bottled water. I have started to boil water in my home. I than let it cool off and pour it into the big water bottle. Why is it that no one knows it's boiled water. People are spending far too much money on bottles of water. When they can simply boil it at home.
I drink water throughout the day. We have spring water. I fill a Rubbermaid bottle half way with water and freeze it. The next morning I fill it with water and it stays cold for all or most of the day. Whey spend money on water when you have it for free?
And another point is that those empty bottles do not have a deposit on them and they get tossed into the landfills. Wasteful!
I agree with you 100%
Honestly, I think that people feel better drinking water, with the guarantee of freshness and purity. To most people, choosing "pure, natural, spring water" would seem better then drinking that stuff that comes out of their rusty faucet. Of course in today's economy, your alternative to bottled water is great. But also, there's the time factor. Not many people would really like the idea of boiling, chilling, and then drinking their water. But, I do see your point.
I see your point with the time factor. This is why I boil my water while I still have water to drink in the fridge.
@Debs_place (10524)
Why do you boil it? If the problem is bacteria that will work. If people are worried about chemicals in the water...they will be there boiled or not.
@CanadaGal (4304)
I think it takes too much energy to boil the water. I would think that by doing so, it would cause the fluoride addition to the water to dissipate, would it not? The method I most prefer with my tap water, is to use a "Brita" water filter system. I have a 2 Litre jug in my fridge that I constantly refill. Then the tap water goes through the charcoal filter, and removes some of the gunk that may be in the water. That reminds me... I have to buy a new replacement filter.. .it's long overdue! OOPS!
@ebsharer (5517)
Okay this is a hard subject for me. When I lived in Pennsylvania I drank the tap water. I really liked it. It was just the same as bottled water to me. Now that I am living in Florida again I have been buying bottled water. I don't like to at all. I don't like spending the money nor do I like using bottle after bottle BUT I don't like the tap water at all. Its gross and yes it has fluoride in it which is actually NOT good for you. It is good for your teeth yes BUT its good to use as a mouth wash. Fluoride is acutally bad for you if swallowed... You know you shouldn't swallow toothpaste ... do you know why? Because it has FLUORIDE! Anyway I actually bought a few gallons of water and refill them at the store. It is cheaper then buying bottled water and is more economical using my plastic water bottle rather then a new bottle every time.
@saundyl (9690)
i get my drinking water from my parents house. They have a filtration system (and well water) that takes out the rust and such. The water tastes awesome. You can drink the water at my house however its a bit rusty and has an aftertaste i dont like. Even if its boiled. I even use the bottles (5 gallon) to make coffee and tea.