1st trip to Vegas and didn't see hardly anything!

@jovimom (1576)
I flew to Vegas Thursday and came home Saturday. I went there for a Bon Jovi concert. Ended up wasting so much time standing in line to get a good spot, didn't see anything except the Hard Rock and my hotel room. Didn't even gamble!! I almost met Jon though....the girls I was with got their pictures taken with him and then he was gone before I could :( Probably won't get that chance again. I am definitely going back to Vegas and checking it out one of these days!!
That is so great that you got to go to Vegas to go see Bon Jovi! I am sorry you didn't get to see much or meet Bon Jovi like the others did. You never know you might have a chance like that again and have a better meeting experience then they had. If you look on the brightside you didn't have time to loose any money gambling . Next time you can just make a Vegas trip. You can get super cheap hotel prices if you go during the week. Even the Venetian (my favorite one to stay at) can be cheap if you go during the week and make sure there isn't a convention in town.
@jovimom (1576)
I hope I get the chance again. I am kicking myself for not being more aggressive and getting up there. There really weren't very many people out there when he came, I could've gotten my pic with him if I tried harder. Stuff like that just doesn't happen here in Indy
Was it an outdoor show or in some theatre ?
@soleya (1102)
• Latvia
OMG! I love Vegas! I was there a month ago! I call it Disney world for adults, there is so much you can do! But I think that 3 days is not enough, you need to go at least for a week. I really enjoyed checking out every hotel ;)
@jovimom (1576)
I agree about it being adult Disneyworld, and I didn't see hardly anything! I will definitely stay longer the next time and see everything I can
I have always said that Vegas is an adult´s Disneyworld. Do return and have fun there. Im sure that even what you did last week wasn´t a complete waste of time and you have fun. Luck.
@jovimom (1576)
Oh it wasn't a waste of time by any means, I got to see Jovi!!! But next time I will definitely make it a week trip or more.
@LevysLuv (238)
I’m so jealous! I love Vegas and Bon Jovi. I had a similar experience for my first trip to Vegas. The first time I went was to go to see Saliva and 3 Doors Down. We were there for roughly the same amount of time but we arrive at 1 am so we at least had our entire first day to site see. Our second day was standing in line and primping in our room. Ironically we saw 3 Doors Down‘s guitarist Matt walk by after one of his works out. He had 3 security guards around him so we didn’t get any pictures. Our third day was packing to go home. I think we had similar experience just different bands. LOL I got to go again this past summer for my friend’s 21st birthday. Got to do a lot more site seeing, still haven’t made it The Mirage or to downtown Las Vegas. May be next trip!
@jovimom (1576)
Sounds like you did have a very close experience. David came out 1st, then Tico, then Richie and Jon. They were never all out there at the same time. While we were standing in line, my friend went to smoke and saw Hugh drinking tea at the Starbucks so she got her pic with him. David was gambling Thursday nite and was right by me the majority of the time but I didn't even try for a pic w/him. Jon was the one I was interested in, I did at least get a close up of him with one of the other girls and then touched his back as he walked away Ended up with 3rd row in front of Jon for the show, AWESOME!!