My dinner for tonight will be

a pot of mixed veggies and white rice added. is this something you can eat by itself? Or would you need to add meat to the dish? I don't have meat to add to this meal. So I am doing what I can do best. That or buttered noodles with mixed veggies.
@lilybug (21148)
I personally would want some meat with it, but if I did not have meat then I would have what you are. I would eat it with the rice probably. Maybe make a gravy for the rice though. I have not decided what to make for dinner tonight. My son would be fine with just a package of Ramen noodles, so I am not stressing it.
It´s a perfect diner. I like it better with rice. And I don´t know why you have to have meat to make a diner. There´s a comercial here that tells about the terrible problems you have if you forget to "take out" meat. By no means! What you are cooking is yummy, it´s healthy. I have been told by my doctor not to eat too much meat. It rises the cholesterol levels. I was already doing that just because I liked it better. Then I can save my meat craving for a real beef, the kind that is not on any normal budget. Take care
@berrys (865)
i would go with the buttered noodles :)
@egdcltd (7216)
I'd prefer the noodles, I'm really not keep on rice. Some meat or fish added would be better (I'm a meatatarian) but should be fine without.
im having spaghetios and meatballs
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
Vegetables and rice together are nice, and I think I could eat it without having any meat. I've eaten just veggies after the meat's been gone before, so it wouldn't bother me.
My hubby really likes buttered noodles. I don't see why you can't eat it w/o a meat item. If you are worried about the protein factor do you have any beans you could add into it? or tuna?
I think you dinner will be great. I have done this before and you can add in whatever you want to fried white rice or boiled rice and its all good and you will have a nice little dinner for yourself and maybe family too. Of course you can also use your buttered noodles as that is always a good dinner and noodles and any type of pasta can fill you up pretty good. Hope you have a great dinner and a rest of the day mylotting