Chocolate helps to bring up that cold.

I did not know this until my neighbor told me. I am sick and she told me to eat a piece of chocolate. That is would bring up that Flem in my throat. Now my nose was clogged but my throat to me was fine. When I ate that Hershey's kiss it all came up. I felt so much better as well. I sent out to get myself another candy bar. Just so you know eat chocolate when your stuffy. have you known this all along or did I just teach you something?
You just taught me somethin new. I am sick too and we have a ton of chocolate so I am gonna try it. thank you soooo much for the info hun. greatly appreciated. Huggers, StrawberryKisses
I hope it works for you Strawberry kisses, It did for me and I love it. Get better soon
@Pigglies (9339)
I gotta admit, it was nice to eat chocolate. But this didn't work for me. I had some 85% chocolate which normally tastes very rich. But instead it tasted very sweet. And did not bring up any phlegm. But oh well, it was good!
It didn't work for me at all so I guess it only works for some
@dmrone (751)
Hi! Wow, i have never heard this before, so yes you did teach me something. I will be giving it a try since i am stuffy along with just about everyone in my family right now. I have to say this is really unique. Thanks so much for the advice. And i am glad that it worked for you. Look out chocolate here i come . Happy mylotting.
@cicisnana (776)
Oh, well I hope it works! LOL, getting sick and eating chocolate to not feel so lousy, sounds like a win win situation to me. LOL. No, I have never heard it, but I will definitely give it a try. I just put hershey kisses on my shopping list. Now if they will only stay in the house until I get sick!!
really? I try to avoid eating chocolate when I'm feeling sick because it makes my throat hurt. But maybe I'll try it again when I get sick (hopefully not so soon). Thank you for this information :)
@Pigglies (9339)
Wow that is odd. Do you think it is only milk chocolate though? Because dairy gives you a lot of phlegm. I have a cold right now, my nose won't stop running but I don't have phlegm in my throat. I do however have an 85% chocolate bar waiting for me. But I don't like to eat nice stuff when I'm sick since I can't taste it anyway.