Who feels fed up with both major parties?

Lets face it, most of country felt let down by the republican elected officials in the past few years.....and now with democratic party. A lot of people are sick of both parties and their actions. Are you one of them? Are you looking into third party options? Are you doing to be an independent?
@gewcew23 (8011)
Well I left the Republican party for the U.S Libertarian party back during the primaries. I did not like how the party was treating Congressman Ron Paul and his supporters. After John McCain won the nomination I did not see any reason to stay with the party. I did fall in love with Sarah Palin and really did not like Bob Barr, but when McCain supported the original TARP I had no choice but to vote for Barr/Root. I have always view myself as a pragmatic libertarian, but just could not take it any more. If the Republican party want me back I would come back but my views would have to have a place in the party.
you and me are in the same boat. Only I voted Ron Paul. Yep I did a write in. But the republican party is really going to have to work to get me back.
@Latrivia (2889)
I'm disgusted with the party system in general. All it leads to is partisanship and generalizations. I would like to say that the problem is the republican/democratic system, but I'd be lying. Libertarians, Green party members, and constitutionalists all tend to have the same group-think problems. The only difference is, there are far less of them that democrats and republicans, so it tends to be easily ignored. I may identify more with Libertarian ideals, but I consider myself an independent, for the most part. I can't bring myself to officially associate with any party.
I know the feeling. I don't officially associate iwth any party either. A friend of mine is a republican but he says he "hold the cup but doesn't drink the kool aid". I think that is a problem with all the parties.
@anniepa (27238)
I've always been open to third party options, it's just that there usually aren't many to choose from. I don't intend to change my registration anytime soon because I don't want to lose the ability to be part of the nominating process. Not that my state usually had any say to begin with. People are REALLY fed up with the GOP since the latest poll shows only 21% now identify themselves as Republicans. I'm more fed up with the role money plays in politics than I am with the two-party system per se although I realize they're connected. I think if we have REAL campaign finance reform that will open the doors for independents and third party candidates. Annie
I so agree with you. Campaign reform is definately.
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
Lil, you already know how strongly I feel about this, but I'm chiming in anyway. BOTH parties are a farce, they are BOTH part of the problem and they are BOTH driving us to an ilegal de' facto parlimentary unfederal system. Neither has paid any attention to the constitution, NEITHER has the people's interest at heart anymore and they are BOTH driving us to either a populist uprising or a state by state withdrawl of consent to govern. I am already looking in to finding libertarian candiates for senate and the house of represenatives for 2010, or maybe constitution part candidates. I will again NOT be supporting a republican or democrat in 2012, unless they pass constitutional muster, but I dount there are many of those left.
i know how you feel. I think a lot of people are waking up to this mess and getting smart of the fact that they both suck.