what is the star mean

Singapore
can anyone tell me whenever you comment on a discussion, there's a star on top of the photo, blue or yellow, what is that mean
@bloglog (623)
The number in bracket on the right, next to your name is the number of participations you had in mylot. That is, the number of responses you had participated, and discussions you had started with at least 2 responses. The coloured star on the left of your name is your rate in mylot, to a maximum of 10. This rates are rated by the members here in mylot. You should have noticed every discussions, responses and comments has 3 small boxes on the right, '+' (rate this discussion positive), '-' (rate this discussion negative) and '!' (report abuse). You can rate members from there. Each number has its own unique colour. Yours is a 8, so it is in yellow.
@bamrahkirti (1819)
You have got a yellow star and it shows 8.The highest is a blue star with 10.When you put your cursor on your star you will be shown mylot reputation of 76.It means how many of your discussions are rated positive by the fellow members. 120 in brackets along with your name signifies the total posts you have made in mylot.
thanks you very much for your response,
Thaks for the BR
@boogerman (1548)
Hello, janiceines! The star beside the username was the rating. The number varies up to 10. When you point your mouse in it, you will see the mylot reputation of the user. It is the rating of x/100 depending on how users rate them.
i still not quite understand, how come mine is (120) only, the star is 8, yours is (150) and your star is 4
@rosekiss (30111)
• Eugene, Oregon
You know, I never woryy about the rating, as I feel that I am doing the best I can, and if it isn't good enough, then so be it. I can't p;ease everupme. nor am I going to try to, as I know I won[t be able to please everyone no matter how many posts I do. I will just keep posting and hope for the best. The rating is only a samll part of it. Just the fact we can post and get paid for it is ideal. And we can make friends all at the same time.