Are you happy being the person you are or .....

Are you happy being the person you are, with all your uniqueness/weirdness or flaws or whatever OR are you trying to change and be somebody whom you think is accepted socially sort of?
I am happy with who I am (flaws and all) but that doesn't mean I can't constantly improve on myself for the positive. No one can stop maturing and working on themselves in my opinion.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i'm just me. as the old saying goes what u see is what u get. i'm far from perfect mind you but i'm just me.
@dragon54u (31663)
I am me and that's all I'll ever be. I tried to change when I was younger but I realize now that if society doesn't accept me as I am it's their loss. I've never cared much about being accepted by others. I mean, it's nice to have friends but I'm comfortable in my own skin and I don't really need people around. I like to socialize but it's not a necessity. So no, I don't make changes to accommodate people and I don't expect them to change for me, either.
even i tried changing to please others but it was'nt any good so i am back to my old self and i am happy now. Be what you are.
@Dugsmom (279)
I am happy being me. I love being me. But when I was younger, I was so embarrassed of myself. I was a joker and loved to make people laugh. My friends were embarrassed of that because I would be friendly with strangers and tell them jokes. they would tell me to stop so after a while I started feeling bad about being me and i stopped. I became a boring serious person and never joked in public (except in front of my family). I kept that side of me locked up for many years... Now that I am older, I look back and think,"what did I care so much?" I don't even talk to those girls anymore. they mean nothing to me...all they did was make me hide my true self. So now I am back to being me. I love making new friends and like to bring a smile to peoples face. My son is just like me. always joke and always has something funny to say. I always tell him that he's perfect the way he is and to never change to please someone else. If they don't like him because of the way he is, then they don't deserve to be his friend. Ha, we always play practical jokes on each other...he's getting braces next week so I am going to take a picture of him with the lip expander (they put it on your mouth and it stretches out your lips like really really wide) and make Xmas cards! So to answer your question, yes I love being me and I will never change for anybody again!
hey!! right, if you like being who you are, be just like that and others will come to appreciate you for your uniqueness. Lately, i have just been discovering myself and found out that i do have a good sense of humor and likes joking. i have a good friend of mine who likes joking most of the time and its really interesting to meet her and spend time with her. I guess we all have our gifts and if it is in bringing joy to a person even for some few minutes, go right ahead and do it. Will like to see the cards too but x-mas is too far away.
@arkansos (546)
I am sort of. I wouldn't want to change anything about me, except my weight. I don't give so much as damn about social acceptance. I am sometimes straightforward even if that gets me the awkward looks. Although I wouldn't mind using a little good luck for a change
well!! weight is a really big headache if you have it. though i am ok by any standards, i feel it won't be a bad thing if shed a few kilos of it too. huh!!
@flowerday (322)
hihi...i feel that we should learn to accept who we are, no matter how good or how bad we are...nobody is perfect, nobody has no flaws... we should not try to be perfect, instead we should try to be less impefect... for me, i know i am full of weirdness and flaws.. but i am already trying my best to change... but many people do not understand...
hey!! no need to feel bad about what others think of you, just be what you think is best and do what you thinks is good for you.
I am very happy about who I am. I enjoy my own company. I am always looking for the humor in everything. I would never want to trade places with anyone. I personally do not care what other people think of me. They either like me or they don't. It's their loss.
i too tends to speaks my minds and gets weird looks sometimes but well!! its all me here with all my uniqueness.
My friend, peel back the skin and all people are trying to be someone that they are not. Secretly in their hearts they have at least a moment now and again of wanting to be someone else. They are embarrassed by their uniqueness and apply layers and layers of makeup to hide their perceived flaws and weirdness. Most days I am happy to be me. I would change some things, but I will never please everyone. I might as well please myself.
@hxstar (510)
Hi,substance Yes,I am happy being myself with all my shortcomings.LOL.I think everybody is unique and we should keep our uniqueness.However,it is good to have a change if your character really disable you from being successful. Have a nice day!
@alokn99 (5717)
I'd rather be me with all the positive and negatives than be someone else. I could try to correct the flaws and improve the unique points about me. And it's not really about social acceptance to me, but rather evaluating myself.