I made my own cream rinse

@Trensue (5253)
I have reached a whole new level of frugal. I made my own cream rinse. My family would not approve so it is in a bottle of their favorite that I saved. I may be get busted, but it has been a week and no one had said a word. Do I keep my mouth shut or do I confess. It could really save at this house. We are long haired hippies really.
@breezie (1247)
If they havn't noticed I wouldn't say anything. How did you make it? I am definitely interested in making some if it is easy. I have long , thick wavy hair and go through tons of cream rinse. Will you share your recipe?
@Trensue (5253)
I don't mind sharing at all, but being new to mylot I have to ask. Will I get in trouble if I just post it here or do I have to send it in a personal message. I hate getting in trouble all the times and I have not been able to determine the rules. If it is alright I can certainly put it here.
@Trace86 (5033)
As long as it isn't a referral link or an email address, it should be ok. Recipes are allowed. I am dying to know how you made it too!
@Trace86 (5033)
Trensue, I just asked to be your friend. Please send me the recipe! Thanks!
@sunshine4 (8709)
I am also interested to hear what you put in the bottle to make your own cream rinse. As long as it is working and no one notices, why not just keep it your little secret. I wouldn't consider it lying at all.
@Trensue (5253)
3 egg whites whipped 3 tablespoons white distilled vinagar 3 tablespoons of their old cream rinse for smell 1 tablespoon of olive oil Fill the rest of container with water.
@Trace86 (5033)
How do you keep the egg whites from spoiling, or does the vinegar do that?
@LadyMarissa (12161)
I don't believe in lying; but in this case, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!! Atleast until you get busted!!! I had a boyfriend whose hair looked like crap all the time. He would ONLY use the best shampoos. Of course, you know who was buying these shampoos. So, I found a cheap shampoo that looked like the expensive stuff. I could buy two LARGE bottles for the same price as one small bottle of the one he used. When he wasn't looking, I'd refill the named brand bottle with the cheap crap. He never knew the difference. He even commented how much better his hair looked as his argument as to why he should keep using it. Had I told him what I had done, he'd have found a thousand reasons why he couldn't use the cheap chit!!!
Haha! :) That is excellent! I would do the same thing.
My family knows that a lot of the things we use I make so I just dont tell them. Every once in a while my Hubby says "Do I want to know what is in this?" if it is a no he usualy leaves it at that. It gets better and better the longer we pinch our pennies. If they ask tell the truth, other wise no harm no foul.
@miamilady (4924)
I saw the recipe under one of the other responses. I'm curious. How did you come up with the recipe? If your family is anything like mine...don't tell them.
@Trace86 (5033)
Definitely keep your mouth shut! What they don't know won't hurt them. I think since it's been a week, you are in the clear. Could you please tell me the recipe you used to make it? I love this kind of stuff! Does it help detangle hair? Mine is horribly snarly after a shampoo. Do you have a recipe for shampoo too?
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey Trensue! Well, what did you do? And what did you use to make this mystery cream rinse? And how long do you think that you can fool the family? If you think that it is good and it is working the I think more power to you! Then maybe you should try to patent it and sell it to the stores so you can make money on it! So my dear friend what is the secret? Do you want to share it?
@anniefannie (1743)
I would keep my mouth shut for a little while longer if they like it and don't know the difference and you are trying to save money.You are doing it for a good reason.
What did you use to make this cream rinse? Is this something your planing on using a lot? I don't think you need to confess anything right now. Just let them use it and be happy with it.