how do you feel about losing posts?

I just got on mylot today and I worked really hard to get more posts and I was working on responding to a new discussion and than all the sudden I lost like 30 posts. Man that really upset me, it seems I lost discussions as well. So how do you feel about this when you lose posts?
@jayrene (2713)
oh, dont worry or fret about it too much... discussions, responses and responses made to a dsicussion that violated mylot's TOS are sure to be deleted. so there. next time try not to post something like that or respond to a discussion of that kind, so you will never have a post that will be lost. im new here, and have been reading and responding on a lot of discussions... i dont pay much on my number of posts though, so i never really get to see if i have lost some, although i know i have responded to discussions that were in total violation of the TOS, sort of warned the author on it.
@mysdianait (64058)
I have seen you giving advice You only have a low number and doing it knowing that you will lose is very good of you and will not go un-noticed by older users! happy Lotting!
WEll I see what you mean as well jayrene, I have really not paid attention to my posts until recently but like I have been saying I worked really hard and to have like four hours worth of work gone it can make you feel a little upset, anyway thanks for taking the time to give me your input and have a great day on mylot.
@jayrene (2713)
thank you diana. when i joined here, earning was what's on my mind. but after i had looked all over the place, responded to discussions made some discussions too, i have fallen in love with the site. i like participating in discussions even if sometimes its the total opposite of what i believe in. i just cant keep my mouth shut on some discussions... lol... so really it wouldn't bother me if a discussion with my post got deleted, as earning has become the second point of why i am here.
I lost my first discussion and I was surprise but then again, I realized that my first post was not really worth keeping for. I just get disappointed when I really make an effort in posting a reply then it got deleted because the discussion is deleted. I think that's what you feel now. Doing all the efforts and your post got deleted especially if it's 30 posts. That's why i choose the discussions that I'm replying to. I also see to it that my replies don't violate any rules and I post a quality reply.
See I feel that I do post quality as well but I guess I messed up somewhere I hope this does not happen for awhile I also know that if you reply to someone that violates and gets their account taken you would lose those posts as well so that might have been what happened too, I have no way of knowing for sure but I think that is why so mylotters only respond to their friends, I do not do that because I like to help new people as well. Anyway I am over it now so I am happy that so many people responded to this discussion and I thank you as well, happy mylotting to you also.
@manleyjoe (1599)
I have never lost any post, how does that come about? My computer has an automatic backup so I am not concerned about losing what I am typing. I do not make many posts here so it would up set me if I lost that many. my suggestion to you would be to be sure and save your work so that it does not happen again.
@mysdianait (64058)
MyLot staff delete posts that contain violations.
@manleyjoe (1599)
I thought that was so but then didn't know if she was talking about them being deleted or if she had had a glitch which lost them on her puter while she typed or something. I check post closely for violations before I comment to them then I am less likely to have my comment deleted when that discussion is deleted.
Sorry that I did not explain myself for you to understand, I should have thought that some people put their respones in word and than transfer them here, I myself do not do that. I am not really upset about losing the posts anymore a new day here for me but it was a little upsetting at the time. Take care and thanks for responding to my discussion.
I think maybe i have why does mylot do this?
@mysdianait (64058)
If you lose posts it is because discussions or responses have been deleted by the myLot staff.
Sometimes things that are started or dicussed are againist the rules here at mylot I have been here sometime and I am aware of most of what is not allowed but I guess I was not careful enough, take care erricaalisa and happy mylotting to you.
@modstar (9612)
Well losing some posts is just another day for me here in myLot. I mean i am prepared to lose some that's why i'm making more than i should just in case. I really can't blame myLot though because maybe i was too careless in choosing the type of discussion that i replied. It shouldn't violate the guidelines and sometimes, i just don't care then begin to respond. Well since losing some posts means a decrease in earnings, i also have my share of a gradual increase in earnings even before the deadline. I'm not sure about the 30 posts, i haven't experienced such large number of lost posts. Maybe 2 or 3 but 30 is too much. Did you contact myLot about it?
Thanks for telling me how you feel about it modstar, I just worked so hard on it you know. Anyway take care and thanks for responding to my discussion and happy mylotting to you as well.
@modstar (9612)
Whatever happens, just don't be discouraged or frustrated ok? Just keep on posting. Let it not hinder you from enjoying myLot ok?
@flagella08 (5069)
post - should be interesting
i don't know why posts are lost here.i've also losts some posts. i just don't ask. in my mind, maybe i violated some rules that's why the admin needs to delete it. we don't have the privilege to delete posts somehow.
I guess you are right to me this is all okay. I completely understand there are rules here and if I did something wrong or a discussion I responded to did than I guess that is the way it goes. Take care and happy mylotting to you as well.
@KrauseHome (35034)
Personally, it is something that a person should have really thought about as well. With all of the many people posting here could bw so their vacation usually to be paid still it makes you wonder as well. I just hope they do given s timet to decided more of life from here as well.
Thanks I appericate your thoughts on this as well. I am okay with it now but I need to be a lot more careful about what I post to from now on. Happy mylotting to you and have a great day!
@snam23 (3161)
I feel that it is time people stopped complaining about a free and awesome site like this. I'm not talking about you but others as well. But anyway, I'm sorry for your loss (of posts and discussions?) but the best thing is to get over it. Venting about it may make you feel better (and get a couple of responses) but it does not do anything. I know it feels bad and it angers you because I have experienced that as well but in the time you spend on this discussion, you could get those thirty posts back. Happy mylotting!
I know you are right I wanted to see how others thought about it as well. I know that it happens it is just that I worked really hard for it. I mean if it had been over a couple of days I would have understaood but I worked really hard one day and the night and I lost it all. But you are right I already have all them back and I am working my way to more as of now. Take care and happy mylotting to you as well.
@ebook_freak (1515)
even I faced this problem today. I am a new user and so i didn't know what was going on. I felt upset and thought mylot was a scam. But then I thought of all the people in mylot community and the testimonials. So I started a discussion asking for help and I came to know that it was actually a violation problem of the user who started it. From that moment I donot show my sadness but try to be proud that I lost it becuase me losing posts was actually a sacrifice done for the mylot family. I am proud of it! Happy mylotting, dear... er.. mom? And don't get distracted by the losing posts. Continue to be happy with the legit mylot family members.
I know I love the site and I am by no means saying it is a scam, I just was a little upset because the night before I worked really hard and I lost almost all the posts I had made throughout the day and night! Its okay life goes on and I am happy that I am still here and I have no plan on leaving the site either. Take care and happy mylotting to you too.
@veejay19 (3592)
Well, thats quite a lot. I too have lost a few posts but not as much as yours and yes, i too feel a bit upset. However i do not worry too much about it and carry on gamely. The powers-to-be in mylot have their own reasons for cutting our responses and discussions and facing this inevitability i just simply carry on.I guess one has no other choice but to accept our fate.
I am carrying on and I agree I am glad there is a site like this and I do fully understand that they have their reasons for deleting posts. Anyway thanks for your input and happy mylotting to you as well.
Hi momtry, Yes I have lost some points today as well, its really annoying and I worked so hard last night, I just think it nearly the time for payout so I think there are lots of lost points for some users. Tamara
Hi tamarafireheart; that is another reason why I was a little bummed to because it was the last day to earn, oh well I am okay now I was just thinking that I worked like 4 hours and it was for nothing. Anyway take care and happy mylotting as always.
@arcidy (5016)
I think it sucks about loosing post I dont know why they take away post from us I dont find it fair especially if we dont do anything wrong. But that happend to me to I also lost about 15 post once I was confused and pissed woundering how the hell did I loose so many post so I dont blame you for being mad.
I understand there are rules I was just venting when I started this discussion I am not upset about it anymore, I am glad I am here and I think to me that is all that really matters, take care and thanks for responding to my discussion. :)
@Jouhar (409)
I will feel very sad when discussions are deleted. Now i'm not violating the guidelines and no problem now
I am not sure it was me it might have been people that I had responded too, anyway I think I am okay about it but I need to be more careful when it comes to responding anymore I guess.
@wickee (47)
• Finland
I haven't lost any post yet or at least I haven't noticed it. The only counter I keep on eye is the sum of money top of the site. If it doesn't crow in a day after I have posted my posts, I'll keep on eye my post count too. If the sum and/or the sum of money don't keep crowing even though I keep posting, I'll contact them for more information. If I get no proper response, I'll stop posting and leave this site.
Yeah I am not here just for money though, I really do enjoy starting and responding to others here at mylot and the other day I worked so hard trying to reach a certain amount of posts it was really discouraging when I signed in the next day to see they were all gone. Anyway thanks for taking the time to respond to my discussion here and happy mylotting to you as well.
@mysdianait (64058)
Hi mom! Avoid the discussions that are breaking the rules! You should be aware of which ones they are by now too
I am aware and I know there is no way that I responded to like over 30 discussions that were againist mylot rules. I will get over it I guess I used this discussion to vent a little about it. I was on mylot for over 4 hours yesterday and I really try to be honest and make my replys worth my time and others as well. I guess I need to be more careful about who I take the time to respond to. I am still not sure if I lost some of my own discussions and to be honest lately I have had really good discussions going on with more than 50 responses. Take care and happy mylotting to you
@mz_Ira (1091)
Would feel upset as well and surely will lose motivation to work on mylot for that day.
That is kinda of how I feel and that is what I think I might do take a break for a day but to be honest I love being here, I like to help others as well as earn. I am here for both reasons not just the earning. Thanks for taking the time to respond and happy mylotting to you as well.
@krajibg (11940)
• Guwahati, India
Hi! there nothing to fret over the loss. I have not yet lost so many posts but have a few and go not have any grudge as such for it was my mistake to respond or post a discussion that violated the norms of the mylot family. What they feel should not be there they clean them up regardless to who is that losing so much. Therefore now I am much cautious in responding discussion if I am adamant that I do not want to lose. Or else sometime indulge in fun making.
I guess I am gonna have to be more careful responding to peoples discussions now. I wanted to really get mylot thing going but I worked really hard yesterday and this is disappionting. Take care and happy mylotting to you as well.
@KupoSin (680)
hmmm, ive never encountered that. probably since i never paid close attention to my post count. ill keep an eye on it more often now
WEll I am not really mad it is just that I worked really hard yesterday responding and starting discussions and to be honest I am not sure what I lost I just know I had like 1333 and now I have like 1311 so I lost a lot of posts. I have been posting today too so I really lost more than 30 posts. Oh well I guess I will be ok thanks for responding to my discussion and happy mylotting to you as well.
@mzj033y (185)
I never experienced that before losing posts from mylot. But I will be more aware of that after you are mentioning it. I think they considered short posts as spam or something because how did you lose the thirty posts. It's really strange. I mean you work hard in all your posts and to have them deleted is really a bummer. I really need to look at the requirement now to see what is right to do and what is not right to do. I really don't want to lose posts especially since I take literally a long time to respond to a discussion and I gave it all my best. So I hope they won't delete my posts.
@sanuanu (11238)
Yes, yesterday was a disaster for most of the users at mylot. May be it was because it was a last day for qualifying for a payment and mylot admin was trying every bit to remove all spams from here to give fair money to fair persons. I have seen mine 30+ posts got deleted one of my friend also lost some of her posts so, not to worry as every one got affected with it.