What would you do

If you were in a person's home,then out of no where a mouse ran by your feet. I am starting a home health aide course this month. I worry about how people keep their homes. I am called a neat freak by most who know me. I am prepared to clean up any house I work in. But,I can't work around mice. I would leave and hope to get a new patient.
I was worried about that too when I started as a CNA. You just get use to it. These people can't do for themselves so it's your job to do what they can't. If I saw a mouse I'd bite my tongue and not make that strange eww face. I'd just suggest that on the next shopping trip they'd buy some mouse traps. You can also notify your supervisor of the problem and they can help the patient find a government program to help protect their house from pests. It's sort of hard at first to not be so picky but sometimes you just got to pretend it doesn't bother you. And as far as being a neat freak clean away these people need all the help around the house you can offer. And they'll be appreciative for the help. Good Luck!
Thanks for your nice response. I am going to work on trying not to care from now. I might even buy the mice traps before I even start work. It would not kill me to spend a few bucks in case of this happening.
@trickiwoo (2702)
I don't have a problem with rats and mice in my house! The reason for this is because I own pet rats and mice! Rodents are very territorial. They can sense when there are is already another rodent colony living in a home and won't move in. So the best way to prevent a rodent pest invasion is to get domestic rodents! However, since you seem to be really freaked out by mice, I don't think you'd want a pet mouse! In that case, the best way to prevent mice from moving in or to get rid of mice that are already living in the home is to get a predator. The most feared predator of mice and rats are ferrets. Getting a pet ferret will get rid of a mouse problem! Of course, you don't actually need to get a ferret. You could just trick the mice by making them think you have a ferret! This website http://www.mousebgone.com sells ferret scent you can buy that will keep mice away! Or if you have a friend that has pet ferrets, you can get some of the used ferret litter and strategically place it around the home! So if you're really freaked out that you might run into a mouse, bring along some ferret litter or ferret scent and you shouldn't run into any mice!
@magrylouyu (1632)
I have seen plenty of mice before. They freak me out a bit, but they are more afraid of you and me then we should be of them. I have seen people with dirty houses who have mice. Yet on the other hand I have seen some extreamly clean homes that have mice. It's just lifes course. I have never left anybodys house because of a mouse. It doesnt mean they are dirty people. I do ask them if they know they have mice or not though.