Have you stopped getting your nails done?

Your finding ways too be frugal about your beauty needs. Have you cut back on getting your nails done? I saw the China people are not filled to the rim as they normally are. I have no intentions on getting tips anytime soon. It can only save me money in the long run. Plus the damage to my nails are gone..
@Theresaaiza (10484)
I have never experienced having my nails done. I think for me it would be a waste of my money because I nail-bite a lot so I would only end up detroying the manicure and even ingesting nail polish in the process. lol
I have been doing my own nails to save a bit. I cant afford to pay someone to do them. If you look for a starter kit some of them have instructional videos, or Id think that you can find the instructions online. I have a neighbor that is interested in learning and then we will do eachothers nails. It will help a little and that adds up.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Oh definitely. My salon haveincreased their prices. I delay a pedicure to having one every two months. I work and live in a hot country so my toes are on show 90% of the time! My finger nails are not in good conditiion. I am trying to treat them to get rid of a fugus. I have to admit that I love having a poedicure as it releases so much sress and strain for me. I especialy like havbing my feet massaged.
@clorissa123 (4930)
It can be another way to save money. If you can try to cut back your beauty supplies need, you can actually saving some money. That is what I am tryig to do now.
@marciascott (25554)
Getting your naips done can be expensive especailly if you don't have a Job to keep with up. I need to get minds done right now, but don't have the money.
@hezoid (2148)
I've never bothered spending money getting my nails done, only one for my wedding becuase i wanted a professional french manicure. I just do them myself, i do my cutiles, file/shape my nails, uses oils and treatments, apply polish (but not too often as it's drying). I don't make too much effort, i just like to keep the looking neat and simple.
I've only gotten them done a few times and I think the last time I had them done it was for my wedding almost 10yrs ago. I can't see spending the money either. I can grow mine out just fine, only problem has been having kids that gag ect I need to be able to feel what I may be fishing out of their mouths and you can't feel around so well with nails. I agree all the filling ect does damage your nails greatly and weakens them as well.
@saundyl (9690)
I had mine done lfor a while and ended up cutting back on getting them done. I was forever going back to get them repaired because i garden i horseback ride and i break them in pcs. It was honestly a silly thing for me to get done but they were soooo pretty. The girl repaired them for free within a week of getting them done but after that because i was so hard on them they didnt look near as good. However my sister says the girl was making them too thin because she was just as hard on hers (someone else did hers) and they didnt break like mine did. Now i just paint them when i want them to look pretty then remove the polish before it gets icky and chipped up