Target set and achieved?

@agrim94 (3811)
Today we had holiday in India and i set a target of 50 posts today on mylot at start of day and now my day is nearly over and i have done only 6 posts or so. Now have anyone of you ever thought silly like me to have target that i would do this much today and ended up achieving only 10% of it?
@sanuanu (11238)
What holiday we had yesterday? Was it election in your territory because it was the same here also. LOL! LOL! 10% is good because you must be posting good quality comments to discussions of your interest. People might say that it is easy, just pick your discussion and respond but if you have posted only 6 then the quality would be very high. For me, I have set a goal for 100 posts in a day and missed it by 92 but I worked for 6 hours on that day!
@agrim94 (3811)
hi sanuanu, Thanks for responding to my discussion...Well Delhi went to voting so it was a holiday. Wow 92 is a really big big posts and i dont think i would ever be able to make out this much and i hope you got a handsome amount for these response and 6 hours is a big amount.
@sanuanu (11238)
Yea, Delhi also went for voting that day! Well, 92 was a big number and that I could deliver because of my friends only. They kept inserting some very good discussions whch i can't resist to respond. If I give you a number of my acitivity that day, it was well over 150!
I see it is very important to set reasonabl goals! I am learning that in running too! I must set a long term goal, then short term goals to help me reach the long term ones!! Maybe you should have set it a little easier to reach, or planned your time a little better so you could accomplish this goal!
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi macdingolinger, Thanks for the response and yes it is very important to set targets and set them little on higher side so you can really push yourself but on that day i got busy, guest came, that was voting day in India too so went to vote and then went out and was too tired so i slept in noon and woke up at 7 or so and came to mylot at about 8
Boy do I know how those days can be!! You jsut have to restart the next day or as soon as you can!
@mysdianait (64056)
I don't set target at all on here, I know better I get carried away when I land on an interesting discussion and it could end up that I stay put there. My numbers don't increase but my activity does and as long as I'm having fun that's fine by me. You'll have better luck next time I hope!
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi Mysdianait, Thanks for the responding to this discussion and yes i have seen you doing a lot on the discussions which you like and i must admit you are an interesting lady and i do love when you sort of do it on any discussion and i too have had talked to you on a discussion which was neither mine or yours and enjoyed that. It was something about deleting a discussion on mylot by Paula
@mysdianait (64056)
Yes I remember being on that discussion with you! I think we may also have been somewhere else too, I have certainly seen you in lots of places where I 'land' too. I wonder where the next place will be?
hiii dear friend..happy to meet an Indian in mylot..I too belongs to India..Yeah once setted an target and i achieved it..That to get $4 in just 4 days..I kept 4 days because i have only $6 in my account and only 4 days remaining for the end of the month..so i kep 4 days..And i struggled hard to gain $4 and atlast i get $4 and also mylot paid me..I am so happy with mylot..Now also i kep a target that to get $8 in just in 10 days..I am hoping that i can get that..i have to wait and see that..happy mylotting my dear friend...have a nice day...cheers..
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi srisankeerth, Thanks for the response and It is so nice to know that you were able to achieve your target and it take a lot and lot of time and energy to earn one dollar a day here. I have done it twice and it took me whole day both times. so i really salute you that you did for 4 days in a row.
yeah dude u said correct..To earn a dollar in a day is very difficult and i takes a whole day..we want to type continuously here to earn a dollar a day..But many members here in mylot ane earning more then $2 also.I don't get that how they can able to earn more than $2 that is without any referals..They are great than us dude..I will try to make $2 also in the coming days...Thank for ur immediate coment dude..This seems that ur veru active in mylot..And also i cen expect that You can earn more in this month..happy mylotting dear friend..have a nice day..keep smiling..
@paula27661 (15899)
I don't do that anymore. When I first started here I enjoyed it and didn't pay any attention to the money, that is until I reached pay out for the first time, then I began to wonder, "Uhmmm...I could make more money here if I..." and so I set goals for myself each day and guess what? Not only did I struggle to reach them I stopped enjoying my experience here; it got so bad at one stage that I nearly gave it all away and never came back! I didn't do that and now that I have stopped setting targets for myself I'm having fun again and you know what? I am still getting paid! Setting goals is a good thing as long as they are realistic ones and 50 posts in one day is a lot, I don't think I could do it, the most I have ever done is 25 or so and that took me the entire day!
@agrim94 (3811)
hi paula, Thanks for the responding to my discussiona and yes i did thought of doing to 50 responses first time and i couldnt do it , simply because i went out and yes it is more important to like what i am doing here rather than the number of posts and then think about the number. I didnt set for the money or anything , but just to see if i can do it and when i did start to do it that too quite late in evening , i didnt enjoy because my eye was always on the number of posts i did.
@May2k8 (6849)
I do not have any target for that, which I do is what I think interesting. I only have little time to do the posting and when I got my time I visit this site. Which is important for me to participate here and learn something new. We must have a plan in order to be successful. And I support your idea, I would try.
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi may, Thanks for responding to my discussion and yes it is very difficult to respond to discussion which is not interesting but these days i hardly find any interesting discussions and this way i wont be even able to post 6 response if i dont do any not interesting discussions.
@Beertjie (978)
• South Africa
WOW, a target of 50!!! That is huge. Have you ever done 50 in one day? Or what is the most you did in one day? Next time set a target of 6, maybe you will reach 50, that will give you reason to smile. No I never set a target for the day. I just go around mylot and read all that looks intersting to me and respond as I go. If I have something on my mind I will start a discusion. I just take it as it comes, and enjoy not having to stress about reaching a target. If I can set one target for myself I would say to try and make payout... Blessings
@agrim94 (3811)
hi beertjie, Thanks for the response and yes it was to much and since it was voting day in India and i went out with friends , i didnt have a vote because of some mistake done by some foolish govt official and they put a name of girl totally different from mine in my place, but my friends did and then we went out for lunch , so came back late then slept and came to mylot about 8 pm
@mentalward (14695)
I used to do the same thing with just about everything I do. My mind is overly-ambitious but my body has a mind of it's own. Also, it never fails that when I plan on doing something big, something else comes along and gets in the way. I've learned to simply make a list of things I'd like to accomplish, then do my best. I rarely reach my goals, at least not at one time or in one day, but I eventually do reach them. Of course, 50 posts IS quite a lot! I think I may have done that once in the year I've been a member here. I didn't plan it, it just sort of happened. There is a book written by an American comedian entitled, "Life is What Happens When You're Busy Making Other Plans." It's so true!
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi menatal ward, Thanos for the response to my discussion. Yes i do agree 50 posts are quite a lot but i thought hey i got whole day today and i can do it but unfortunately i started only late evening as i just didnt feel like posting whole day may be i was bored or i got scared of my target and stayed away.
@arkasen (748)
I never push myself by setting a target in mylot. I just enjoy the discussions and reply to them which I feel like. There is no point in making a target here because then the quality of replies will decrease. For example you can easily find 50 discussions here and give them a single line reply. But it does not worth anything and you will also not earn anything on that day. Because mylot pays for quality not the quantity. So it is better that you post only 10 replies and there you express your thoughts fully. I think setting target for earning is good because that will help you improve the reply quality but setting target for number of replies is not worthy.
@agrim94 (3811)
Thanks arkasen for the response and no i dont let my quality decrease and i planned to give atleast 4 hours but i gave on 30 mins so didnt achieve anything.
@zed_k4 (17627)
Hey there buddy. I think 50 posts is not impossible but it would be kind of bored to set a target like that everyday. For my own personal usage of mylot, normally I would do is go through the today's top, recent, friends started and also those with no responses as well as new user. I like to answer from a different variety mix of discussions and I don't like stereotyping. Anything is fine by me as long as the discussions are clean, fun and enjoyable or those that need advices and solutions or just some thinking cap answers. On a good day, if you stick to this regime and enjoy yourself, you can even surpass that 50 posts target. Trust me. Enjoy mylotting, buddy. Take care.
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi zed_k4, Thanks for the response, you are right and i do get bored here many a times and so i have set a new target of 10 posts perday which i think is manageable. I too like to respond to different kind of discussions and i dont like to talk about vulgarity or anything like that.
@cyrus123 (6383)
I can't stand vulgarity either. That's what I like about mylot. I like to watch youtube a lot. I read some of the comments on the different videos and they use such awful language there. They're also rude back and forth to each other. I wish youtube would do something about this. I don't know if it will do any good or not but I'm thinking about contacting youtube about this. I think I would enjoy reading their comments better if they would be a little nicer to each other. Kathy.
@zed_k4 (17627)
Hi there agrim and cyrus, I totally agree with you guys. I find it an eyesore too whenever I read or hear about vulgarities. I think those people commenting on youtube really have nothing better to do. They shouldn't be so rude to one another, but I suppose the world is so large and there are just so many 'types' of people. On the other hand, I am really happy that most members here are very polite, civilized and nice to one another. May this place be more popular as days go by with more interesting things to do in terms of discussions and great awesome friends like you guys.
@cyrus123 (6383)
Hi agrim94! I never have set a goal for 50 posts but I have set a goal for 30 responses and comments. I think I've achieved that goal in a day. I would like to start 30 discussions. However, it's hard for me to come up with that many good topics. I try to keep track of all of my posts but it's hard, especially if I get interrupted by the phone!. Kathy.
@agrim94 (3811)
HI Kathy, Thanks for responding to my discussion and i had made target of posting 50 responses means my post number should go up by 50 not counting the responses i give to the response to my discussion and thats where i did fail because it becomes too much and fortunately i m getting about 20 responses to my discussions and that adds to a lot .
@cyrus123 (6383)
I'm glad to hear that you made your goal of 50! Congratulations! Now, why not set a goal for 100,LOL?! Keep up the good work and maybe you will get to $100 one of these days. When I first joined mylot, I set my first payout as $10.00. I'm going to work up to $100, though. I wonder if anybody has actually made that much on mylot?Kathy.
@HelScream (2828)
well for me at first I set out a target 3 discussion and 20 replies on other discussions but I never really achieve my target each day. It's quite frustrating at first but later on I dont set target anymore and just responded to all those who commented on my discussions and comment on other discussions and just enjoy them in this way I wont be stressed out everyday. I really do hope that I could answer all my friends discussions though but coz of net problems and slow PC this prevented me to do just that. It wont be hard to respond to discussions even how many there is, if only I have a fast connection. Well my friend 10% is better than nothing.
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi helScream, Thanks for responding to my discussion and yes i should also not set targets which are quite obviously very high and very difficult to meet and also it is how much i did then if i had fun responding. Now that i know i shouldnt be pushing myself too high so i have started setting reasonable targets like 10 a day, which is quite easy to manage and that 10 includes responding to the responses i get on my discussions.
On most days my mylot targets are not met. When at home, I sit down with great determination and set a target but then I get completely waylaid by all you people here. Some link here, some info there that needs urgent googling, some photos and I am hooked to so many things apart from mylot. By the time I realize, my eyes are paining and fingers protesting so I take a break and the same enthusiasm is lost.
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi Sudipta, Thanks for responding to my discussion and yes it is very true happen with me all the time. I get mails and then some friend comes online and we talk, if noone is online then i sms friend to see if my friend can come online. And it is ok because no one is trying to get real rich on mylot.
@yoyozhou (356)
hehe,you are not silly.you are lovely.At first,I am slow to do post and I can only do 3 or 4 post a day.Now I am better. What's more,I like here very much,not just for money. I don't set a goal.But I think it is a effetive way to do post.That's good. You are an effective person.
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi yoyozhou, Thanks for the responding to my discussion. And also thanks for not thinking me as silly. Yes in beginning i was quite inactive here and soon got addicted to this site and posted more and now i have set up a target 10 posts per day and i hope to achieve that.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i don't set targets becauce just like you something comes up & i can't get them done.maybe you'll get another chance when u are least expecting it. good luck!
@agrim94 (3811)
Thanks for the response antiuqelady and yes i would try to do it on some other day.
hello, it's been a long a time, only now that i open again my account. it's not being silly, well it was your goal, the best thing there is you started making or doing it. if you have a goal do something about it, you might not be able to achieve it at the end of the day but you have accomplished something. posting an argument, issue or topic is not that easy, it takes time for us to think and write and even reason out. maybe after what i am doing now i can also post some issues or topics. have a great day
@agrim94 (3811)
hi joycemiranda, Thanks for responding to my discussion and yes you are right it takes a lot out of me to respond to the discussions and i want my replies to be quality and first time i thought i should go for quality plus quantity and it wasnt that easy as i thought.
@ladynetz (968)
Yes. It happens because lots of reasons. Might be that you did not find an interesting topic. Or maybe your answers to the discussion were longer than usual and took more time to put them alltogther. Or maybe, because you had all the day, you were slower than ususal, took few minutes away from the computer, did something else...and the time just ran away. Maybe you had people coming over, or phone calls to answer, were busy , away from the computer. Lots of small things, that you don't really pay attention to them. but if you think at how the day flew by, you might come to answer yourself to your question.
@savypat (20246)
It didn't take me long to fall into the same trap you did. I've given up and just try to make at least 3 discussions per day. I respond as often as I can.
@agrim94 (3811)
hi savypat, Thanks for responding to my discussion and yes i did set up a target but didnt went after it and now i have set a lower target of 10 responses per day.
@lilcee (2704)
I used to try to do 30 posts a day but lately I've been kinda bored with it and I can't seem to find anything that interests me. So I just do what I can and if I make my payout, it's good. If not, I try for the next month.
@agrim94 (3811)
Thanks lilcee for the response and yes i did set little too high target and i didnt do it to reach payout because i know i would be paid this month and wont be able to reach next month , just wanted to see if i can do it and unfortunately failed miserably.
Don't be so hard on yourself! At least you set a goal and you tried. You learned that 50 posts is a lot for you to do. Sometimes we set goals and aren't always successful but life is all about trying.
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi Nutty momma, Thanks for the response to this discussion and yes i agree 50 posts are quite a lot but i thought hey i got whole day and i can easily do it but alas i didnt even touch mylot till very late in evening.