families - can you just opt out?

@Trensue (5249)
Today I just want to opt out. The drama the chaos and the unresolved issues are too much. Put your seat belts on for the ride. First I have to get personal so the dynamics of the family are clear. My brother is married to my husbands sister. We live in a duplex of sorts. Three of us own a company together. If this peaks anyone's interest I will finish the story - if not I will move on.
@miamilady (4924)
lol What were you thinking??? Yes, please DO go on! You could probably write a sitcom from your personal experiences!
@Trensue (5249)
He also made me explain all the vehicles and toys. We married late in life. My brother had been married and divorced twice before and so had his current wife. My husband had been married before and divorced. This is my first marriage, but none of us are willing to give up our toys. We built a huge garage, with the proper permits to hold 4 boats, 4 jet skis, 4 snow mobiles and 4 campers. No one can seem to agree to give anything up. I suppose it looks like 20 people live here, but there are only the four of us. Yes there are six trucks, but we use them all. I am not sure what to think. Did you see my post where I said I woke up and my life was suddenly a bad country song? It is kind of true.
@miamilady (4924)
lol I saw the bad country song reference, yeah. You don't like country music?? As far as not knowing what to think...it's simple. Unfortunately busy body neighbors are everywhere. People who jump to conclusions are everywhere. Did your explanation satisfy the people that matter? You're explanation made sense to me, but I tend to be an open minded person who tries not to jump go conclusions. Unfortunately a LOT of people don't think like that. When you first mentioned "toys" I thought you were talking about the children's toys, not the adults toys. lol. I thought you said something about having children, but I'm not certain. Do you?
@Trensue (5249)
The children I gave birth to have passed away - I do have two stepsons and grandchildren. Occasionally some move home for awhile. Dang -I can't see your question - hold that thought.
@dodo19 (29230)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm more than happy to listen to the rest of the story. I'm interested in hearing more of this story of yours.
@Trensue (5249)
The nice census taking lady dropped by today to get information. She understood, I thought, I was ever so wrong because later the sheriff dropped by.
@dodo19 (29230)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
What happened? With the sheriff, I mean. I hope nothing to serious happened.
@Trensue (5249)
It just seems that some of my "neighbors" couldn't understand what could be happening at our home. There are always lights on. There are many vehicles and we all seem to be related. I tried to be patient and explain that what families are. I went so far as to get out the marriage licenses and family photos to try and help them understand. Finally he asked why we had decided to share the same home. I walked him through the entire house and talked about the price and square footage and why it made sense. We have been here ten years - I can not imagine that this is just coming up.
@Jennlk84 (4219)
Sure! I'm willing to listen. I have some family drama going on right now too.
@Trensue (5249)
My bother and husband are both dark skinned - my husband a native american and my brother just tans well - One had a mustache and one has a beard and mustache and people who see them everyday mix them up.
@Trensue (5249)
Jenlk84 - I want to hear about your drama - so be sure you tell me where to go.
@tabsnlos (587)
Go on........
@Trensue (5249)
So clearly all the inlaws and outlaws are the same and people seem to have a hard time figuring out the logistics of it all. We have lived in the same very small community - gas station, church, diner, and animals and still daily I am explaining who we are.
@anniefannie (1743)
you can finish the story. you know if you start something you got to finish it.yes i have like to opt out a few times.
@Polly1 (12650)
I have family drama going on too. I have been having a wild ride the last few days. I hope some of the drama settles down for you.