Is there something special you do????

Hi Mylotters out there. I was just wondwering if any of you may be suffering from Fibromyalgia? I was just diagnosised with it about a year ago and I am having a hard time coping with it. It has completely taken away my life as I knew it and I am wondering if I will ever get it back? How do you cope with the pain and discomfort that is associated with it? Are you on pain medication or is there some other way you deal with your pain Also how about the days you just don't feel like getting out of bed? How do you handles these and take care of your family.? My family have not quite come to terms that I have an illness, because it is not something you can see on the outside and I have a hard time trying to explain it to them and trying to make them understand. If you have any pointers out there or can offer any suggestions on how I can deal with this better please share with me!!! flutterby
My mother suffers from this terrible disease, and has for many years. There was about a 6 yr time period, where she just kind of gave up. She did learn to make, and design embroidery and then put them on various things selling on Ebay, and various other places. It helped because she could not work, but it was still financially difficulty. She moved from NY to Florida, because the warmth really does help the pain. She says it really is the only thing that helps. We moved to Florida, 4 yrs ago to be with her, as she was alone here. She always says, heat, no stress, good diet with magnesium, and calcium supplements are what helps the most. She did return to work full time, just a couple of years ago, and has been able to save enough money to get her home repairs done, and some money saved so she can hopefully retire soon. There are medications like Lyrica that you should ask your DR about taking, it does help. My mom does not take it because she refuses to take medication. She still has pain, and it never really goes away, but there are ways to make it bearable.