Newbies - Rebel! Use Smilies! Ye olde style!

@sulynsi (2838)
We have to wait until we get to 200, but of all myLotters, we NEED smilies to express our thoughts! Old timers KNOW each other through months or years of commiserating together. They actually have virtual IN-jokes! Read a few posts, and you'll see what I mean! Emotion is SO much a part of human communication. Online, we don't even have our eyes, which are probably one of the most expressive parts of our bodies. We can't intonnate with our voices! No body language of any sort. Our words, and sometimes they fail us, are all we have. Talk about a handicap! No, we are not Vulcans,(live long and prosper)and our intentions can be misconstrued. Therefore, I call on all newbies, remember your old smilies! Share them with us. I remember a few of them, before the yellow faced versions turned up and made us forget our origins. ;) AHA, it may be something older myLotter newbies are better a than young ones!
@thezone (9452)
Hi sulynsi, I agree emotion is so much a part of communication. The eyes are a great source of value, they are the window to the soul. I think sites that give us the option to use the yellow faced version of smileys has just made us a little lazy and we tend to use them cause they are so cute :) Live long and prosper :P Are you going to see the new movie?
@sulynsi (2838)
Ah live long and prosper \/ my friend. I'm not prospering so much now, so I may have to wait for the DVD. I find the series isn't quite as cerebral any more (ha ha ha ha) too much action.
@thezone (9452)
Yes I would tend to agree, we need more though provoking episodes and a little less action, but in saying that I am still going to see the new movie. I am just a sucker for Star Trek.
@sulynsi (2838)
I admit, I am a Trekkie. Did you ever see Galaxy Quest with Tim Allen? It is a must see for Trekkies and other sci-fi enthusiasts. A lot of in jokes. Such fun!
@mysdianait (63977)
LOLOLOLOL You are so right! I can't remember all of them (if I ever used them)so it could be a terrific ordeal trying to remember them. However there is a user (more than one possibly) who cancelled his account and started from scratch and was in the same predicament and came up with a brilliant way round the problem. He still uses it now where the ones we are provided with are not sufficient. Maybe there would need for some schooling too? :)