Would you comment on more pics if you got a post point for it?

@James72 (26829)
Australia
I do try and make comments on friends pictures regularly and I've noticed that in many instances, there aren't that many other comments made overall. Do you think that you'd make more of an effort to comment on pictures and photo's if you received a post point for every new comment you made? Do you think mylot should reward us with a post point for something like this?
@mimpi1911 (25454)
I try to comment on my friend's photos when ever I cam. Sometimes even I try to post comments deliberately but cannot because the user is not on my friend's list! lol.. It's good to see the people we are talking to can we can form a decent idea of the person next time we talk with him/her. However, you ave a valid point there. Many do not make an extra effort that you do. Post point is a good idea. More and more people would get to know each other, get to know how they look like and stuffs like that. The depth and intensity of friendship here would enhance to a great extent thus. What fun it would be to discover that you are talking to a frog or a casper...
@James72 (26829)
I try to as often as I can as well. Especially when I'm struggling to find the time to repond or start discussions because it at least keeps me active to some degree. I can't help but be silly with the comments at times too and I have a lot of fun with it! I've always wondered about us not being able to comment on photo's if we aren't friends with the person who posted it. Seems like a strange rule of you ask me. And for the record, I much prefer talking to casper's 'cos frogs talk funny! lol.
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Really! WhY? For Caspers do not talk at all! Or do they?
@James72 (26829)
Some do! Other's just look at you strangely and quietly moan.
@hiddenwing (3721)
cat - She is too fat
Well, I don't know about that! Generally speaking, I don't comment on people's pictures. If they put some cats' and dogs' pictures there, I will take the comment thing into consideration. Look at the cat! She is sort of too fat. Thus, I guess she is an American cat! Chinese cats are much slimmer, aren't they?
@James72 (26829)
Nice cat hiddenwing! It does look to be a tad on the portly side, I'm not sure if she's an American cat though? They're usually fatter than normal cats are they? lol. Maybe we should try and get it so speak so we can tell once and for all by its accent?
@James72 (26829)
Just like their owner!
@James72 (26829)
Acknowledgement is the first step to recovery Alice. You're an example for us all! lol.
@mysdianait (64058)
Hi James! I comment sometimes, definately not regularly, on photos by my friends. Sometimes there is something which takes my interest to a particular photo otherwise I do tend to not comment as often as I could The fact that it pays in points or cash to do so doesn't enter into it at all for me. What I do here is not for those reasons at all. Whether they do or whether they should? Maybe it would cause some to comment onthem more often but I know that many already do so I doubt it would make much difference. [i]
@mysdianait (64058)
Man? I'm a woman (no kidding )
@James72 (26829)
Heya MysD! I consider myself to be a regular photo commenter as I have fun with it and it helps me keep active even when time availability's an issue. I'm not concerned about the earnings aspect of it because mylot earnings aren't my motivating factor in any sense anyway. For me it's all about encouraging more participation and I do think that people would make more of an effort to make pic comments if they received a post point for doing so.
@mysdianait (64058)
I definately do see your point James (about the commenting on the photos) and as many are here for the earnings then it could be a boost I suppose. Sad that some only do things if they get paid for it in this life.
@paula27661 (15899)
I agree, it would be nice to be rewarded for picture comments.I found that whenever someone commented on one of my pictures I was not notified so I was unaware that the comment was even there! What I am talking about are pictures I added to discussions I started. I found comments on a couple of them quite by accident, am I missing something or is it just up to us to check for comments? Oh dear, look out...Paula is confused!
@James72 (26829)
lol. No need to be confused Paula as we definitely don't get informed of comments on pictures we post. I rarely put pictures up myself, but I do like to comment on friends pictures quite regularly. I'd also like it if I could place comments on pictures placed by people that aren't my friends too. Who knows, maybe mylot's listening and before you know it, we'll get post points for pic comments AND be able to comment on everything. (Yeah, yeah it's unlikely, but one can dream! lol)
Paula's confused???? cool!! I hate being the only one! lol!
@paula27661 (15899)
Hate to say it...But it's my natural state, the world confuses me!!
Personally, I check out photos that grab my attention.. and comment.. it would be nice to get it counted.. but I suspect that my number of comments on photo's wouldn't change either way. I think we should have all of our comments counted.. don't you?
@James72 (26829)
I think they should be counted on all fronts, yes! We get counted for comments we make on news articles for example, so why not pics too? I especially like to check out pictures that have both the Pope AND a rabbit in 'em! The frustrating thing though is that I rarely get to see that many pictures like this.
hahah!! yer looking for SPECIFIC pics! I will see if I can come up with some for ya! lol!
@James72 (26829)
Most definitely! I've always been a stickler for details. Anyways, imagine how much happier the world would be if there were more pictures of the Pope with rabbits?
@anuraa32 (2452)
Not a bad idea actually. It would make people comment on images. Otherwise they just go waste. Though uploading them does get us earnings. So I completely am in the favour of this.
@James72 (26829)
I think it would make more people comment for sure. The more comments there are on pictures, the better for mylot themselves in terms of page impressions and overall activity too, so it would be a win/win if you ask me.
@anuraa32 (2452)
Completely a win win situation. And then we may get more variety in pictures or images too.
@James72 (26829)
Yes, well that's even another angle..... Maybe people would post MORE pics if plenty more comments were being made on them!
@eichs1 (1934)
I love watching the photos here in myLot but I haven't commented on any one. I am not sure if I will be active sharing my observations on photos though even if this site offers some incentive for doing so. As they say, pictures can say a thousand words - which means I maybe just repeating what a picture is saying.
@James72 (26829)
You really should have a go at making some comments once in a while eichs! It can be a lot of fun for one, keeps us closer to our friends and it also helps us to take on a wider range of activity here which helps us with our earnings. As for repeating something, we all have a unique perspective that's worth sharing!
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I am not sure about being rewarded a post point and all but it seriously would be nice to be told that we have a comment on our photos. Myspace does this and also if you receive a comment on your profile as well. It would be great to be notified by mail..or have that option at least.
@James72 (26829)
As someone who doesn't really use notifications, it's not really a concern of mine at all, but I definitely think that others would benefit tremendously from what you've suggested. Even putting the reward point angle aside, what I'd really like is to be able to comment on ANY picture and not just those of friends. That would be great if I could do that and I'd make even more comments for sure if this were the case.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I think it would be good if we could respond back to the comments on the photos as well, It says I have to be my own friend to be able to respond to a photo/comment. Yeah it would be nice to be able to respond to others that aren't on my friends list. I don't wanna have to add someone just cause I like a photo they uploaded.
@James72 (26829)
I do understand why they haven't allowed comments back on pictures. You'd end up with ongoing conversations there I reckon! It's pretty funny when it tells you that you have to be friends with yourself just to comment on your own picture though!
@sid556 (31005)
We are supposed to comment on pics? I didn't know that. No it wouldn't matter about the points or not. Are you talking of the pics in profiles? I am so not a detail person...if there is a place to comment, I didn't even notice.
@James72 (26829)
It's not a case of "supposed to" as it's entirely up to you! Personally I like to do it because I have a lot of fun with it and enjoy making silly comments every once in a while too. Yes there's a comments section and you can add comments just like you do in a discussion. You can also rate a pic as well. We're only allowed to comment on friend's pics though which I find odd. I do wish we could comment on ALL pics even when we aren't friends with the person who posted it. Not just pics in profiles either by the way! Pics everywhere..... In discussions and responses, added to categories, on profiles etc.
@sid556 (31005)
thanx for the info. i'm going to have to check this out.
@James72 (26829)
That's the spirit! Go pic comment CRAZY I reckon! lol.
@balasri (26554)
I seldom get chances to comment on the pictures.I too do not post much and likewise d not get much.I am not interested in that forte so far.May be I will do more commenting in the future.And isn't Mylot is a place for trying all the things that are fun?
@James72 (26829)
Heya Bala! Funnily enough, I do the most pic comments during those times when I'm really busy and can't focus so much on discussions and responses. I find it keeps me active, keeps me in touch with my friends and it also allows me a quick in and out! And yes, there are many things that can amuse us here. Especially for someone like me that seems to get amused pretty easily!
@balasri (26554)
Consider me too as one of those kind James.
@James72 (26829)
Glad to hear it then bhai! As a matter of fact, I'm amusing myself right now! lol.
@riyasam (16578)
i am so used to responding or posting a discussion that posting comments on pics flows out of my mind.you know,habits die hard!!!but i am making a genuine effort to comment on pics but it would be so easier if i was notified of such,i have to search through my friends profiles or is there a simpler technique???
@James72 (26829)
I don't actually search for them myself and just make comments when I see pics that catch my attention. I usually see them within discussions, on my mylot home page and occasionally I'll notice them when looking at someone's profile. I'm not aware of there being any email notification option that tells us when a friend posts a pic, but my home page on mylot does have an activity summary that shows new pics added. Not all of course, but some! Unfortunately there's no simpler technique I'm afraid and all we can do is keep an eye out while doing our normal activity on here.
@riyasam (16578)
thats is one of the good points of not having notification,i find this e-mail notification more easier(if my friends have started a new discussion)so i very rarely go to mylot homepage,guess i should be doing it(as i really want to comment on their pics)
@James72 (26829)
Me, I can't stand notifications! I only turned them on a few months back and I'm already close to turning 'em back off again. the emails drive me insane!
@mayka123 (10598)
I have hardly commented on photos here. No particular reason for that. But may be if I received a post point for it I may have made an extra effort to put comments on pictures. BTW I have hardly received comments for pics that I have posted.
@James72 (26829)
IF you received a post point you might make more of an effort to comment; AND you not receiving many comments on your own pics is exactly what I think might be addressed if we were to be rewarded with that point! Most people respond well to incentives and it's all about activity and interaction, so I do think this would be a positive step if mylot decided to act on it. I doubt they would though, but one can hope!
@cyberfluf (5005)
• Netherlands
Commenting on pictures and photographs is something I merely forget most of the time. I am not sure I would make more comments if there was the option of earning extra by doing so. It might be an extra motivation, but yet I think it wouldn't make me remember to do so more often. If there are more ways to earn, that's great, but I also believe in mylot as a community where we can build friendships and do certain things just because we like to conversate with certain people. Though I wouldn't reject the money if I got it, it doesn't hurt .
@James72 (26829)
I never would have been able to see the magnitude of your My Little Pny collection if it weren't for pics! Or your fluffy boots or other fashion creations! I'm not concerned about the money aspect to be hinest, but it would be nice to be rewarded with a post point for every picture comment I made. I reckon it would make people put more comments out there too! I'd like to be able to comment on ALL pics as well and not just those belonging to friends. Interaction brings us together, so maybe something like this would be of benefit?
@mathss1 (1181)
No I do not comment on Pics or discussions of people who are cruel to animals You are a PANDA SPANKER No when you comment on pics you cannot discuss PMS or discussions are better
@James72 (26829)
That I am and I'm damn proud of it too! We're not cruel to them by the way and they love it! we've also put them back on the map which in turn is saving them from the brink of extinction. Positives Mathss, positives! lol. Fair enough about not being able to engage people further when commenting on pics too. I still like to add them though and have a lot of fun with it at times also.
What a point?Now I had made mention of posting a pic... Let's see how this works...
@James72 (26829)
I don't seem to see pics posted by you Gary? Maybe I've missed them! I generally see most of the pictures I comment on in my mylot home page activity section, or within discussions themselves. I'll keep my eyes open!
@KrauseHome (35034)
If people here could earn from responding back to pictures and if your points would increase by doing so, I am sure there would be more of it done in here for sure. To the Best of my knowledge the pictures I am posting here in the interests are never responded back too, but again then I never know as well. But you could be on to something if myLot would consider it for sure.
@James72 (26829)
I hope they DO consider it! I just notice so many pictures on here that have little or no comments on them and I really do think that people would be more proactive in this area if there was a reward of 1 post point for doing so. It would be great if we could comment on ANY picture and not just friend's ones too! I doubt mylot would entertain this idea though. What an earlier responder said was a fair point. They said that IF mylot did this, then many people may concentrate on pic comments rather than posting. Maybe so! But surely there could be rules in place like with everything else here? I'll just whack it on the wish list I think.
@LittleMel (14055)
I don't comment much unless for discussion a while back I heard they will pay for comments on blogs and yet I never commented on blogs either I don't know why lol somehow I miss everything else aside from discussions there was a time posting a picture is also paid I don't remember how much but I did get something but then they merged the earning line into participation so now whether they pay for posting pic I wouldn't see it I don't know if anyone noticed it a few years ago but I did
@James72 (26829)
I rarely comment on blogs myself, but we do receive a post point when doing this, so I assume we earn for it too. I know we earn for placing pics on here as well, but I'm still not 100% sure if we earn for pic comments or not? I'm assuming we do, but we don't get a post point for pic comments, so to be honest I'm still a bit confused on that front! And yes, I did notice the streamlining of all activity into one section of "participation" which makes it even harder to work out what earns what! lol.
@LadyMarissa (12162)
I do my best to comment on pics. I thought we did get earnings for our pics & comments. Some pics don't require a comment. The ones that do, I try & say something. Grandpa's grandbaby almost always gets a comment from me!!! I've noticed the lack of comments on many occasions. I've also noticed a lack of pics too!!! Now I'm confused if we get paid for them or not. Do you know???
@James72 (26829)
As far as I'm aware, we definitely get paid for posting pics, but there's a limit to how many we'll get paid for. (Not sure what the limit is exactly or if it's based on daily, weekly or monthly quota's either) As for getting paid for comments, I'm not 100% sure! I'd assume that it's acknowledged in our activity/earnings in some way though? Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey James! I never really gave it any thought as to whether we got paid or not when commenting on photos. I just happen to love looking at and commenting on them! Especially if they are my friends photos! I think that is so fun! And I also like to leave silly comments too! Sometimes that is more fun then anything! When you have a great photo, it needs a great comment! And I'm just the one to do it! So move over James!
@James72 (26829)
Heya Opal! I'm not sure if we get paid for photo comments either, but we of course do get paid for putting pics up. I'm not concerned about the payment factor really, it's more about having the opinion that if people received a post point for each new pic comment, more people would probably be more active in this area. Leaving silly comments on photo's every now and then is a blast! * James moves on over so Opal has pleanty of space to make silly pic comments too *
@brandon22 (163)
I think you have a good idea there. I believe we should receive credit for commenting on photos. I think it would get more people to comment on photos. Also, you can only comment on photos of your friends. I think you should be able to comment on other people's photos as well, even if they're not your friends.
@James72 (26829)
I agree with you entirely on both counts! Especially the commenting on ALL pictures part because there's been so many times I've wanted to comment on a particular pic and couldn't without adding them as a friend.