How would you feel in this situation?

@rebelmel (1387)
So, it's a week before Christmas, and there is a knock on the door. I wasn't expecting anyone because it was late, so I asked who it was. They said it was "mike" which ironically my roommates name who's key broke in the door that morning. He was just hanging out with me in the living room and just ordered food and left the room. I figured he went outside and forgot to leave the door unlocked or something. So I open the door and all of a sudden I am thrown in by two men I have never seen before. They pull out a gun and put it between my eyes and yell at me to give them all my money, my cell phone and my computer. I was the only one awake. My boyfriend and I both worked under the table, so we had a lot of money in the house. Rent was coming up, Christmas was in a week, and we had to take a trip 8 hours away to see his parents. So the thieves made off with close to 3000 dollars. A week after the robbery, I refused to leave the house alone, or after dark. Fast forward a month, and I move out to a safer neighborhood. I start going out again and feel much safer in general. One night I go out and it's last call at the bar. I head home, alone, and who do I see walking on the same street as me? The robber and three of his friends. NO ONE else is out. he is walking towards me, on the opposite side of the road. I look at him, and he throws his hands up in the air and yells "WHAT!!!???" in a taunting manner and stares me down as I walk away. Apparently the guy who did this is not a beginner. My boyfriend and I asked around when we were first robbed, and everyone knew who he was, and a few of them actually had their own stories to tell. He is apparently in a gang which is pretty well known. My boyfriend sees him a lot when he is walking home from work. This guy normally kicks dirt in his direction, or something like that. So yesterday, my boyfriend is meeting me at work, and he calls from outside saying the guy who robbed me is riding his bike by. I RUN as fast as I could with my cellphone, and case him down the street a bit. He doesn't see me, but he stops at the park right near my work. I slow down and walk by and make eye contact (I needed to be sure it was him) and he starts giving me the dirtiest look I have ever seen. I walk by and go down a side street, and he starts pointing at me and yelling to his friends. I called 911, not once, not twice, but THREE times and pleaded for them to come arrest him. After 30ish minutes, the cops FINALLY arrive and arrest him. He is in jail until monday, which is when he has court. I have no idea what to say!
@Jennlk84 (4219)
wow... I'm not even sure I know what to say. I can't imagine what you're going through and what's going through your mind. I don't blame you at all for being scared. I can't believe it took several calls to 911 in order to get them to come and arrest the guy. I hope that he gets what he deserves.
@Jennlk84 (4219)
Well let me tell ya girl.....My fingers are crossed for you. He deserves to be punished. I just hope he gets the punishment he deserves. You shouldn't have to be scared anymore.
@rebelmel (1387)
Thank you so much! I will be keeping in touch on monday to let everyone know what happens. I hope he goes away for a long long time!
@prinzcy (5057)
I would freak out if I were you! The 30 minutes while waiting for cops can be a nightmare! I don't know what he'll do for that loooooooooong 30 minutes. You should be glad that it's over now. There's no hope on getting back what he took but he's behind bars now. Hopefully he'll receive severe punishment for his action. I suggest you move away, again. It's for protection.
@rebelmel (1387)
Do you know how many cars drove by me all slow and freaked me out? I had it stuck in my head that one of these cars was going to do a drive by or something, because this guy KNEW I was up to something, and he knew exactly who I was. The 30 minutes was probably the worst I have had in a really long time. I kept trying not to cry, but it was so hard. I really thought that the cops would get there too late and either something would have happened to me, or he would have left. I think for now I am going to ask my boss if I can work from home, just to be safe. We'll see what I should do after that. I am getting my tattoos changed and dying my hair, too.
@prinzcy (5057)
To change tattoos too?
@rebelmel (1387)
Yes, I am going to get them covered up or changed. I don't want to take any chances.
@twoey68 (13651)
I don't think I would have had the nerve to still live in the same area where this person lived. I would have moved far away and put it behind me. It's great that he's in jail although now you will probably have to worry about retaliation by him or his friends when he's out. I hope you can work through this situation and move on in life. [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b]
@rebelmel (1387)
I wanted to move far away, but I didn't have many options. We didn't have a whole lotof money saved (luckily I got my taxes back so we could afford first, last and security deposit on a new place) I think I am going to change my look a bit, and try to work from home as much as I can.
Its just strange , why didn't you called the police at first hand when you saw him walking .You were actually showing your weakness to him and began to think that he can do anything to you . These days crimes have become very common its always nice for a lady to be always alert and smart . At last i can see you did the good job by getting him into jail .
How about you dont need to say nothing. What you have done is just incredible. I bet that you felt very impowered after you seen him taken away by the police. Good for you. You deserve a big pat on the back for making your town a little safer even if its only for a few days. Way to go.
Yes, I understand where you are coming from. Just try to remember that it was him that broke the law by burglaring your house so you should not feel bad. The fact that he has so many friends and they always seem to be around is what I find so frightening about your story. I am beginning to think that it may be the time has come for the good people on this planet to start fighting back. I mean physically. The fact that it took the police so damn long to come and help you says to me that if they can't be bothered, why should we bother with calling them. I don't know what to say to help you. In this situation all I can say is my prayers are with you. Let us know how things go and if you are being offered any help by anyone.