Dyna the dog and the case of the Mystery Foam Padding

@spalladino (17924)
As many of you know I have a young Florida Cur dog who recently fought a very tough battle with the Parvo virus and, thankfully, survived and is back to normal. She somehow house trained herself during her illness and will let me know when she needs to go out so no more peeing on the carpet...yea! But, she's still a chewer. I try to keep her and my other dog supplied with rawhide chew bones but Dyna chews up the dog toys...rips the stuffing out of the stuffed animals and actually eats bits and pieces of the rubber squeaky toys so the only toys that are still left on the floor are the braided ropes. Last night my husband and I watched the NASCAR race. Sugar was asleep on the couch next to me and I assumed that Dyna was asleep on the floor somewhere because she was quiet. During a commercial break I got up to get something from the kitchen and it looked like it had snowed on my carpet! There were bits and pieces of stuffing everywhere but what was worse was the piece of foam padding. ???? What the heck could she have chewed up now? I looked everywhere she had access to which was basically the livingroom, diningroom and kitchen. My livingroom furniture looks okay...I even ran my hand underneath feeling for unseen damage. The padded chairs in the diningroom are fine. This piece of padding was about 2 by 6 inches in size so it had to come from something but, so far, that something is a mystery. I guess we'll eventually find out for ourselves because Dyna ain't talking. So, my question to all of you dog owners out there is this. Have you ever been stumped like this? You know your dog chewed something up but you have no idea what it was? Did you ever find out?
@kawalnarang (1095)
• Trinidad And Tobago
Dear as long as Oreo is inside,, we keep 2 eyes or 4 on her,,the only thing she looks for is my socks,, and I don't mind,, I do tell her ,, That's my one,, Don't take it,, she will play for 30 seconds an eventually leave,while outside u watch ur slippers ,, she will bite ur's ,, not my slippers,, I tol her That's daddy's slippers,, No playing with that,,so when u are at my place ,,keep ur shoes safe,, Happy Mother's day to u an all
@spalladino (17924)
Hello kawalnarang, Thank you for the Mother's Day wish. My husband wears cowboy boots and and for some reason Dyna has never bothered any of them but she did eat my favorite pair of sandals not long after we got her. Now I do keep my shoes and sandals safe.
• Trinidad And Tobago
I will buy shoes for u,, dyna will never touch that,, or luckily ,she will never come near ,,Love u and the bikes,,,,,,,,,,, SMILE NOW,,hahahahah,,
• Trinidad And Tobago
hello,, Mother's day is every day,,tell ur children and husband, anytime,,I believe it so,, I can't say for others
@dragon54u (31635)
I've always had older dogs that are past the chewing stage, except for Gus who chewed when I rescued him. Bully Sticks made him stop chewing and he still loves them. It was always obvious what he was chewing up! So I can't say I've have mystery debris.
@spalladino (17924)
My problem is that I have two dogs of very different sizes and not only do they not share well, they always want what the other one has so, when I bought large chew bones for Dyna and smaller ones for Sugar, Sugar wanted Dyna's and Dyna ate Sugar's up in two seconds! So, I found a middle ground and they usually keep them occupied.
@dragon54u (31635)
My two do that, too! Gus is a bit bigger than Cookie and his jaws are stronger so naturally, he makes good progress on his stick. Cookie is a rat terrier and has weak jaw strength compared to Gus. They play games trying to get each other's sticks--Cookie will bark and shoot out the dog door and Gus follows--then Cookie zips right back in and grabs Gus's stick! He has his tricks, too, to get hers--which is the one she stole from him, of course.
@paula27661 (15899)
How bizarre! I hope you don't find out suddenly one day and it's something disastrous! I am so pleased to hear that Dyna is back to her troublesome self! That is good news! We are always finding bits and pieces of chewed unidentified 'stuff' all over the yard! Because our dog sleeps under the porch I bought her a beautiful thick warm cushion and supplied her with a thick wool blanket so she wouldn't feel cold during the winter months. The cushion was quite expensive but I didn't mind because I couldn't stand the thought of her freezing. It lasted one day exactly. We woke up in the morning and the back yard looked as though it had been snowed on! That was a big waste of money!
@spalladino (17924)
LOL! For awhile after Dyna first recovered from the parvo I was keeping an old beach towel on the floor in the bedroom because she had gotten used to laying on things. She slept on it fine for a few nights...then I woke up one morning and it was torn to shreds. So, we try to keep all chewables away from her. It's not easy when she tries to chew on my shoe while I'm wearing it!
@Opal26 (17690)
Hey spalladino! How funny! And to think that only a few weeks ago Dyna was fighting for her life! And now she is eating up mystery foam! I guess you are happier that she is healthy enough to do that even though it is kind of strange! I'm just so happy that she is well, but I can't imagine how she has such a nasty chewing habit! That is some serious teething problem, I hope? I have had my cats chew up things that were mysteries too and I never did figure out what they were or where they came from! So let us know if you ever figure it out! Give Dyna a kiss from Auntie Opal!
@spalladino (17924)
I just did Auntie Opal because she's right here with me today. We've been working on not jumping up on people since she's pretty big now and knocked one of the nephew's boys right on his butt last weekend. She's doing pretty well...she's a smart dog and, yes, she's fully recovered and feeling great these days!
@ZephyrSun (7385)
We had a puppy last year and he chewed everything he was awful! He ate the window sill, the baseboard, the doors, my couch and a number of other things. After about 9 months of him eating everything my brother took him and he stopped eating everything. I came home once and found pieces of plastic which I later found out was green army men.
@spalladino (17924)
Oh yeah, we have a couple of little plastic animals that belong to the kids who only have three legs.
Better call Nancy Drew, my friend. I should have Nancy to live here with the things that appear chewed in the garden. The last one was a piece of cloth. I still don´t know what it was before Lola turned it into shreds and I don´t know either where she got it from. I have closed part of the garage from her after she decided that radios and plugs were eatables. You might, or might not, solve the misttery. But more important is that your naughty girl is well. Cheers for that! Take care.
@spalladino (17924)
Yes, Nancy Drew would be great! Even when Dyna is bad I'm so thankful that she's still with is and is feeling well enough to be bad.
@camomom (7536)
Nope, this never happened to me. I always found out what it was right away. Good luck finding out.